Powered by Outside

Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
btw has anything changed since I went out and built that little bit of tranny?

If its worse getting my ass out there, I will. I love building so if you guys are willing to work, I'll help.

Trevor

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
newmarket-rider wrote:

If its worse getting my ass out there, I will. I love building so if you guys are willing to work, I'll help.

Trevor
i tried to get the tranny a bit bigger. and someone has built another berm at the top of the hill but that's it. im thinking about building another trail but more spaced out that the one thats already started.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 21:12 Quote
shore21 wrote:
newmarket-rider wrote:

Trevor
i tried to get the tranny a bit bigger. and someone has built another berm at the top of the hill but that's it. im thinking about building another trail but more spaced out that the one thats already started.

as opposed to...actually finishing anything?

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
newmarket-rider wrote:
shore21 wrote:
newmarket-rider wrote:

Trevor

as opposed to...actually finishing anything?
haha nothings been finished.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
I should be going out there more, now that I have the clear from the doctor to start using my thumb again.

I have my bike in for a tune-up too, I can't wait to ride it again. Beer

I'm probably going to start working on a new trail that doesn't have any 'jumps' on it. I would like to have a single track trail that doesn't have a groomed feel like the others. This type of trail will also use the entire hill with switchbacks, and won't just be a straight shot down the middle of the hill like the others.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
Guys, I checked this out for the first time Sunday morning. After questioning whether or not I was going the right direction several times over, there it was. Unfortunately, by the time I pushed my bike up the top of the hill, the first of the thunder started, and I wasn't super stoked to ride out during a thunder storm with a shovel strapped to my back. Mobile lightning rod anybody?
At any rate, some cool stuff going on in there. I had a hard hard time trying to connect a top to bottom run, but I only got three in before I had to split. Once it's all memorized, I'm sure it will have a lot more flow. Looking forward to checking it out on a sunny day. Cool

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
there's ton of potential, i just need to get out more. unfortunatly i have another flat tire and it's getting harder for me to get out because of other sports and family buisness. but with canadmos getting better maybe he can get out there a bit before i can join himtup

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
If it doesn't rain, I will be going up there on Saturday. Not sure of the time yet though and I will be without the bike, so I will only be digging.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 7:00 Quote
i havent been there in a while but is the pump track finished yet

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
hahaha i never really thought of it as a pump track but the run at the top hasn't been finished. though someone added another berm at the end and fixed the first little path jump. the only two things i dont like about that run is someone added a jump at the start before the berm, and it's not really a "big bike" friendly trail. but hopefully i can be out there soon and help finish the "pump track" while posibly starting a new "big bike" friendly trail. so hopefully it will be finished soon!Beer

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
I'm all for that bike bike type of trail. That is what I want to create.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
yeah i was out there today riding it and that jump kind of mini table top thing is kind of weird and im on a hard tail:S but its still so much fun to ride on, i especially love thatt berm when you take the trail down the entire hill and its is the third berm i believe, turning right. it just launches you out of it!:P

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
I'm going up there tommorow at about 10:30-11am

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
Does anyone know where the shovels and rake went? If you do, send me a pm please.

I don't care if anyone uses them, just put them back where you got them. Its a pretty big bummer when you hike in without a bike to do some digging only to find all the tools are gone.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 6:35 Quote
i dont even know where your hiding them so it wasnt me:P

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014684
Mobile Version of Website