Powered by Outside

YKYATBW © you're part of this thread still

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
YKYATBW © you're part of this thread still
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
trailhead007 wrote:
Tour name: Bikes, Bi*ches and Beer

and we should probably move East to West with the bus.
if you guys come out to vancouver i would deffinatly suggest taking the 45 minute drive out to chilliwack and riding vedder mountain its is great and has tons of awsome shore riding such as
Views: 179    Faves: 1    Comments: 5
i really make it looks sketchy but its not and its alot bigger in person about 10 ft tall and all of the trails are like this theres really no boring trail

we should hit up all the best biking places. and in 3 years time i will be 20 maybe 21 so i wont need my parents approval i can just go, but i will also have a full time job to save up for the trip. but places to hit would be whistler, north shore, anywhere with sick riding basicly lol. it will basically be a ne wversion of drop-in but odds are good we wont be pro riders yet. and to get any sort of sponsorship for this w ehave to be pretty good riders if not sponsored so we better give-er and progress like crazyPimp

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
we need one of these badboys, take out the seats, put in some bunks, a couch, tv, game system, and bike storage and were all set. have some outdoor stoves so we can cook outside the bus to have more space inside. seriously the more i think about it the more i am pumped for it

edit heres the link: http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/9605052

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
when your teacher already knows what your year 12 major work will be before you even say. and when she says you have an obvious fascination with bikes on your half yearly report Smile

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
k boys, i gotta set some things straight with ya'll! this goes down the summer of 2011, as thats the year i graduate, and im heading out to uni. trip starts at my house, as im the farthest east. ill mod the bus and drive to pick people up. i dont care what the tour name is, but on the back, its saying, "You Know Your Addicted To Biking When...you buy a school bus, and road trip across Canada!", or something to that effect. i thinks thats all for now on the trip subject.

and this just in, photoguy9 says, and i quote:
bigquotesIf you take half the seats out, paint over "School Bus" and paint it so it's not yellow, it's legal to drive a full size school bus under a standard licence.

btw, stop talking so fast. we dont have internet at work Frown

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
erik74 wrote:
k boys, i gotta set some things straight with ya'll! this goes down the summer of 2011, as thats the year i graduate, and im heading out to uni. trip starts at my house, as im the farthest east. ill mod the bus and drive to pick people up. i dont care what the tour name is, but on the back, its saying, "You Know Your Addicted To Biking When...you buy a school bus, and road trip across Canada!", or something to that effect. i thinks thats all for now on the trip subject.

bigquotesIf you take half the seats out, paint over "School Bus" and paint it so it's not yellow, it's legal to drive a full size school bus under a standard licence.

thats the perfect thing to say on the back of it. and i could def go over there and help you out. is there any good riding out there where you are? i will be done school by then so i could go over there help you mod the bus and paint it and do what ever to it and we could sesh then drive to pick people up and start the epic journey across the country. we could also stop at bromont mont ste anne and even camp fortune( my local hill its small but its sick) and then find other stops to make across the country and yeah. also have to find some cities with good street in them and people to meet up with and show us around. even if we dont get sponsors or w/e to do it we have to document the trip its too sick to not make some vids and stuff about it

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
stprider16 wrote:
erik74 wrote:

thats the perfect thing to say on the back of it. and i could def go over there and help you out. is there any good riding out there where you are? i will be done school by then so i could go over there help you mod the bus and paint it and do what ever to it and we could sesh then drive to pick people up and start the epic journey across the country. we could also stop at bromont mont ste anne and even camp fortune( my local hill its small but its sick) and then find other stops to make across the country and yeah. also have to find some cities with good street in them and people to meet up with and show us around. even if we dont get sponsors or w/e to do it we have to document the trip its too sick to not make some vids and stuff about it

You guys should so come down here and visit. Street in T.O?.. I think so! Wink

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
stprider16 wrote:
erik74 wrote:

You guys should so come down here and visit. Street in T.O?.. I think so! Wink

me and my friend are going to go to toronto sometime before it starts snowing to ride street there ive heard its amazing

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
If you want to, I can get my friends together, and we'll come join. ( I still haven't been down there Frown )

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
my area is pretty shitty for DH and FR, theres a few trails around. ill know more next year as ill be getting a DH bike. theres some good street around, and we do have some pretty nice parks (that i never get to as it involves driving a fair bit).

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
If you want to, I can get my friends together, and we'll come join. ( I still haven't been down there Frown )

i have to get on my street bike again and ride it more i havent even ridden it in a few weeks i will be rusty when i start up again. i want to atleast get 180's solid before i go there so i'm not just hoping around on and off stuff sure its atleast something to do but i want to be able to do something decent

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
stprider16 wrote:
photoguy9 wrote:

i have to get on my street bike again and ride it more i havent even ridden it in a few weeks i will be rusty when i start up again. i want to atleast get 180's solid before i go there so i'm not just hoping around on and off stuff sure its atleast something to do but i want to be able to do something decent

I'm in pretty much the same place, so.. Razz

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
stprider16 wrote:
photoguy9 wrote:

I'm in pretty much the same place, so.. Razz

haha alright. i might be buying my bosses van its the perfect shuttle rig and just cruising van it seats 15 people i think so take the seats in the back out for space to throw the bikes in and have like 6 people or so in there too

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
hey, so.....whos gonna film this movie? ive got a video camera. cheaper Sony HandyCam, its the DCR-SR42. its from '06. i love filming and am pretty good, but dont have equipment. were gonna need a helmet cam....and another camera or 2. this is gonna be a lot of work to film well. street is much easier to film, but DH and FR...?

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
erik74 wrote:
hey, so.....whos gonna film this movie? ive got a video camera. cheaper Sony HandyCam, its the DCR-SR42. its from '06. i love filming and am pretty good, but dont have equipment. were gonna need a helmet cam....and another camera or 2. this is gonna be a lot of work to film well. street is much easier to film, but DH and FR...?

i think investing in a good video camera or two would be smart. and dh and freeride are easyer to film than you think as long as youve got the angles right. maybe we can getsomebody along for the trip that can just film? we can bribe him with beerSmile but only after the filming is done dont want the videos to just kinda turn and look at a bird or something

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
i just mean street is small things. DH and FR is a whole trail. you gotta have camera's everywhere or keep moving them down the trail. angles arent a problem (well, unless we want to do crane shooting and all)

btw, if we all pitch in, this would go super smooth. id buy the bus to start, soooo....we'd have to even the costs out in other places. btw, how many want to do this trip? remember. 2 years.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034003
Mobile Version of Website