Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

MTB game!

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 15:27 Quote
I think THQ is ignoring us. It will be extremely difficult to get any companies to jump on board with us, especially since we don't have a big enough crowd to spark any interest. We would need at least 10,000 people to sign that petition, if not more. It's just not worth it for a company to spend time and money designing a game that won't make money.

On the other hand...does anybody have any connections with Nigel Quarless? I know as an occupation he is a video game designer.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 15:57 Quote
well don't forget we need the adminds/moderators to add this link to the front page to get more people interested it would help a great deal if we could get more people interested.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 16:19 Quote
Who has sent PM's to the mod's and Radek?

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
I'm starting to get even more and more doubtful this is going to happen.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 18:17 Quote
it's not going to happen over night. i mean, its just an idea we can give game producers if we can get a hold of them and look legit.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:30 Quote
HEY EVERYONE, join my facebook group

CALLED 'THQ- New Mountain Bike Game!'

then add all your mtb friends

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:40 Quote
allday wrote:
davidmountaincycles wrote:
there was a game for ps2 called downhill domination , they should make a sequel to it cos it was so awesome

we all know that... but it was wayyy too unrealistic cuz of the punching and homing bottles and shit and not to mention the 500 feet drops where you can land flat without doing any harm and they need to have some more freeride, slopestyle and djs
and more variety of gameplay. but it still was a decent game

fair comment but that was prt of the fun it was so un realistic

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:59 Quote
We Need Pink Bike to front page that Petition on the front page... If they dont i blame them that there isnt gona b a MTB Game!

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 12:01 Quote
zimm14 wrote:
We Need Pink Bike to front page that Petition on the front page... If they dont i blame them that there isnt gona b a MTB Game!

Actually, you shouldn't be blaming anyone, because as far as I know, it's not going to happen. I have a contact at Ubisoft Montreal, and he just directly told me, it's not something the industry is currently interested in because it isn't innovating in anyway.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 12:06 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
zimm14 wrote:

Actually, you shouldn't be blaming anyone, because as far as I know, it's not going to happen. I have a contact at Ubisoft Montreal, and he just directly told me, it's not something the industry is currently interested in because it isn't innovating in anyway.

Your just the bear of bad news arnt u!

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 12:13 Quote
Truth be told, bad news can be called another thing, reality, and some people can't accept it. It's ok though, I get used to being called a dick.

There is good news though, you guys have only tried the easy way. Like I said, you could always learn to program and stuff and make the basic game yourselves. Then if it gets enough attention, the idea will probably be bought out and published. The only problem with that is that programming takes a bit of time to learn and so does 3D sculpting. You have to remember that most game developers would love to make your game, it's that the company who hires them, doesn't see it as a priority at all.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 12:52 Quote
Well, I have sent a polite mail to THQ and I have signed the petition.

I doubt anything will happen though, but I'd love to give my two cents:

A BMX/MTB game might not be as innovative as some super crazy FPS or some strategy game, but it is as innovative as Skate! is.
The point is: is skating really far more known than for ex. BMX? I mean, it is not. They have approximately the same number of followers. A kid that buys Skate!, would also buy a BMX/MTB game.

Plus, some of us don't get to ride when it's cold/snowing, so wouldn't that be a moment when you would like to play a game? Maybe about mountain bikes, since you can't sleep if your MTB is not in your bedroom? eh?

But anyway, gaming industry is what it is. Hope, if you want to be let down.

P.S. If they release it, all of you have to buy it. Piracy is not allowed. Don't be stingy. Wink

Bai2u.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:03 Quote
As regars the "What I would like to be in the game", I'd say: ALL DISCIPLINES.

Not just DH and FR, but street and dirt. Trials, maybe even flatland. That would be a game.

Something like: 3 tracks per discipline. And both BMX and MTB.

EA Sports could make Name Surname's pro mountain biking or something along the lines.

I'm done.

I'll shut up.

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:07 Quote
I just got my mtb adrenaline yesterday from ebay. Its allllright, not very good graphics for a game made in 2007Confused . But hey its a mountain bike game, better than playing tony hawks crap. I wish i knew how to make games. I used to be a big nerd playing call of duty and trued making maps but it never worked:p. but now i work with some auto CAD stuff but that wont help make a game.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 18:56 Quote
we should make a trailer with clips from crankworks and some secnes that get people to say "hay that looks crazy" send it out and hope for the best

we can do it (if they made a scooter game we can sure as hell make a Mtb game)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.195757
Mobile Version of Website