Powered by Outside

Newmarket (And surrounding area)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Newmarket (And surrounding area)
O+
Posted: May 7, 2010 at 14:29 Quote
Yeah that trail that leads off of the paved path is brutal on the eyes. I will usually stop while riding to remove crap that hits my face, but on that trail I just leave it in hopes that is deters hikers from going further. Beer

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
Ya, anything that runs off a road or main path I try to leave as overgrown as possible. Keeps people out

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 18:46 Quote
Is there anywhere up there to build a dirt jump line? Or are there jumps existing?

O+
Posted: May 7, 2010 at 18:56 Quote
If you want to make some dirt jumps, there is a prime spot near Rogers Reservoir. There is already some small jumps on the hill and a few berms. There is also not a lot of tree, so no roots and easy to dig dirt.

The forest that these trails are on isn't the best for jumps. There are tons of trees and lots of large roots, so digging can be a real pain. It is perfect for single track though.

photo

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 18:58 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
If you want to make some dirt jumps, there is a prime spot near Rogers Reservoir. There is already some small jumps on the hill and a few berms. There is also not a lot of tree, so no roots and easy to dig dirt.

Is that the one on the hillside off of the Holland River Trail?

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
There is now a brand new fresh section of single track trail at the beginning of the really twisty trail, just after the last bridge that is built on the log. It is nothing crazy or anything, but it should fix the mud bog which never dries. The ground is super soft and loose on it still, but once it dries a bit it will be great. This is one time that I hope a bunch of hikers walk on it as it will speed up the compacting of the ground. There is one big log on this new section that I still have yet to create a ramp over, I just didn't have enough time today. But it can easily be ridden or walked around.

As for the conditions on the rest of the trails, they pretty much suck. Some spots are only wet, but there are lots and lots of greasy mud puddles.

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 10:43 Quote
You're a busy guy.
I was actually planning a ride up there today but then when i woke up it was raining.
Rain=Evil Smile

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 10:46 Quote
I'd rather be busy than bored. Beer

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 17:05 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
I'd rather be busy than bored. Beer

Don't lie, you just have no friends and this is the only thing you have!

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 17:10 Quote
Went riding today, trails are pretty slippery. Had an awful ride, first i ripped a flannel shirt I bought a week ago, then a massive thorn flatted my front tire..

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 17:14 Quote
I'm plannin to go out for a build at some point tomorrow...hopefully to finish the big tranny and maybe get some wood set up Smile

Trevor

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
muskokabiker1 wrote:
Went riding today, trails are pretty slippery. Had an awful ride, first i ripped a flannel shirt I bought a week ago, then a massive thorn flatted my front tire..

Definitely is slippery out there. Where were the thorns?

Hosemonkey143, I am going to laugh pretty hard when your new bike doesn't ever show up.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 18:51 Quote
took a shortcut through some field. Bad idea..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.568279
Mobile Version of Website