Powered by Outside

The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 10:03 Quote
Ahaha, atta boy. But don't even ask me where to pack it. I'd have it waist band, slightly behind my zip up, or hoody. Also with one of those things you mount on the slide so you can one hand cock it, like on your steering wheel, on the way out of a holster. Whole bunch of stuff.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 14:22 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Also uploaded a small sample of some of my ammunition collection. These are just the ones I don't have polished up and labeled and bagged.

photo

What is that thing to the far right?

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
20mm. The one just to the left of it is .50BMG

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 16:14 Quote
And for a holster I ended up with a DeSantis Thumb Break Mini Slide in black

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 21:10 Quote
Haha, are those multi placement ones? Oh yea I was joking earlier hopefully that was picked up on haha.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Also uploaded a small sample of some of my ammunition collection. These are just the ones I don't have polished up and labeled and bagged.

photo

What is that thing to the far right?
I thought you had a blue 20mm, that one looks fired off, found and reloaded.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 22:14 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

Yeah I thought .50 BMG's were as big as you could go before your gun was considered artillery.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 6:49 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Yeah I thought .50 BMG's were as big as you could go before your gun was considered artillery.

Well, yes and no. .50 is typically the biggest you go. There are a couple 20mm single shot rifles out there but they are absurd and I am not sure how you go about obtaining one. Probably cost about 20 grand too.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 21:36 Quote
I cant decide between the following.
Browning X bolt, Remington 700 or Winchester 70

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 19:42 Quote
What caliber? what do you want to do with it? 700 out of those. Tikka makes some crazy nice rifles as well and for the money savage with the accu-trigger.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 22:01 Quote
Big Game hunting, Mostly a deer gun but also for elk moose and bear.
I was thinking .300wsm but that's an expensive caliber to shoot.

Remington, Winchester and Browning all have super duper employee purchase programs through my work, I still have to look into other brands but I'm probably going to end up with the 700.
I want to buy a Remington 770, there cheap low end gun in .243

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 at 6:04 Quote
You don't want a 770, the bolts aren't very smooth and for not too much more money you can have a much better rifle. Don't cheap out on optics either, a scope is just as important as the gun it is on. A good scope is worth its weight in gold. I just got a higher end one for my .22 and it makes shooting that gun 100x more enjoyable.

Also if you are shooting .300, you may want to consider a stainless barrel if you can afford it since it will have a longer life shooting large rounds. Bull barrel if its from longer distances and you don't have to move too much.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 23:42 Quote
I wanna have the 770 just as a back up gun, to take out when I go 4x4ing and stuff and not have to worry about hurting my nice gun. Also if I have it in .243 it would be a great deer gun as opposed to a larger caliber. I would replace the scope as well, I know the stock optics on those guns are less then desirable.

I would like to keep the rifle light weight since I'll be toting it around over my shoulder with a full pack for an entire day for two weeks while elk hunting.
I'm not too worried about price, the employee purchase plan through Remington is well below retail, then there is the matter of optics.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 23:12 Quote
My grandpa's 20 gauge is somewhere in Newfoundland so I don't really have a rifle right now, but one time me and my buddy pulled out this old Lee Enfield .303, like a WW2 one that had been slightly modified during manufacturing to make it a sniper rifle.

We also had these full metal jacket rounds (I don't know where he got them from) and we started shooting at this target against a tree in his camp. When we went to check on the target, there were holes for about a hundred metres through a ll the other trees - the bullets just kept going and going...

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 23:29 Quote
So I think ive settled on 30-06, although i wouldnt mind shooting a .300RUM if i can get my hands on one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016585
Mobile Version of Website