Powered by Outside

Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 19:15 Quote
They did them for the last gen of non servo wave and first gen servo wave brakes. Luckily they bleed 100% normal just have really long levers basically

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 19:22 Quote
yeap what that sexy Canadian said, just let me add, that those are one of the biggest POS that shimano have ever done

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 1:37 Quote
Yeah had a few run through the shop I worked in. They're a pile of shite but they bleed normally iirc

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 2:55 Quote
foobajoob wrote:
rAtty-c wrote:
Anybody here have experience or even heard of the old XT Dual Control levers? Not the ones with the built in shifter remote but the ones where the levers were the shifters themselves?

Got asked to bleed my brothers friends brakes and they threw my ass off so badly for a second. Never seen anything like it before on hydraulic flat bar brakes. Sure roadies employ something similar but it got me for a second just on the pure level of oddity.

I didn't know they did those for hydraulic brakes. Thought the dual control levers we're all cable.

they did both
i even have a set of M800 saint ones in a box somewhere
my understanding is they make no sense until you use them, then it's like a "why the F*** did i ever not use these" moment

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
el-booto wrote:
foobajoob wrote:
rAtty-c wrote:
Anybody here have experience or even heard of the old XT Dual Control levers? Not the ones with the built in shifter remote but the ones where the levers were the shifters themselves?

Got asked to bleed my brothers friends brakes and they threw my ass off so badly for a second. Never seen anything like it before on hydraulic flat bar brakes. Sure roadies employ something similar but it got me for a second just on the pure level of oddity.

I didn't know they did those for hydraulic brakes. Thought the dual control levers we're all cable.

they did both
i even have a set of M800 saint ones in a box somewhere
my understanding is they make no sense until you use them, then it's like a "why the F*** did i ever not use these" moment

There was LX, Hone, Saint, XT, and XTR versions of Dual Control levers. Only LX, XT, and XTR came in cable variants though.

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
Just spent 6 hours getting firewood in 80 degree heat after a 55 hour work week. Dear f*cking god am I beat.

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 20:34 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
Just spent 6 hours getting firewood in 80 degree heat after a 55 hour work week. Dear f*cking god am I beat.

The average temperature inside a non-airconditioned house today was 90 degrees. So even when I was trying to escape the triple digit heat it was still balls hot.

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
I feel your pain, it was fine in the UK without air-conditioning before this global warming bullshit, now I am seriously considering having a system installed.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:05 Quote
my PC has been my Rooms AC last couple days, it runs so cool.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:08 Quote
That doesn't make sense but whatever.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
I'm at Lake Don Pedro having fun in the water with a boat and shit. f*ck the heat.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:35 Quote
I'm probably gonna head to the beach today. Last day of summer for me though. Blank Stare

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:50 Quote
We are officially 3 days into Spring here! Yay! This means I should finally get more than one or two days a week with temperatures in double digits! tup

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 5:48 Quote
I can't wait for the summer to be over. Tourists f*ck off home, roads empty, it gets cold as shit and the rain comes back. Happy times ahead! tup

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 6:45 Quote
Sounds dreadful. Except for the lack of tourists.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.076121
Mobile Version of Website