Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...
Posted: May 22, 2012 at 5:57 Quote
Im confirming that you cant fit a 222mm shock on a 2009 + big hit unless you use offset bushes

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
Cheers for the replies peeps.

jamiemaclean94 wrote:
Im confirming that you cant fit a 222mm shock on a 2009 + big hit unless you use offset bushes

Cheers, Just google searched what you mentioned and came up with this.

http://offsetbushings.com/

So, I can get up to around a 222mm e2e shock and fit it with some offsets totalling 7mm to keep the real e2e at not much more than 215mm. That simple?

Cheers.

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 8:15 Quote
Ill confirm it in a few days when mine turn up. but right now with one hole lined up the other has a 4mm offset. so my thinking is with offset bushes at both ends itll easy make up the 4mm and hopefully a wee bit extra to bring the link away from the seat tube

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 9:19 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
Ill confirm it in a few days when mine turn up. but right now with one hole lined up the other has a 4mm offset. so my thinking is with offset bushes at both ends itll easy make up the 4mm and hopefully a wee bit extra to bring the link away from the seat tube

Cool, sounds plausible. Good luck!

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 11:39 Quote
Is there a reason ( ie a very specific shock ) you are trying to fit an oversixed shock on the bike? Are you trying to achieve more travel?eem like alot of work to go through when there are many proper fitting shocks available.

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 11:40 Quote
My 06 fits a 222mm shock with no mods, you jelly?

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 12:37 Quote
Got a shock cheap haha. offset bushes cost a tenner. Not a lot of work at all Blank Stare

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 19:31 Quote
bebemonk4ever wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:
laynehip wrote:
I get a lot of flack with it but i love it

photo

I'd recommend some offset bushings and a custom 1 1/8 angleset to slacken that headangle and lower the bbh! I take it you put on a 9.5x3" stroke shock on your frame?

stock its 222mm but for sure thats a 240mm shock...

What fork is that?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 19:34 Quote
olivermajewski wrote:
holy crap I never knew about this thread. heres my bighit. its got an avalanche dhf8, a cane creek double barrel with ti spring and gustavs.

photo

Hi bud, I got some Avalanche DHF 7.5's arriving tomorrow in the post. Can't wait to see what they're like.....

How do they run? Are they nice and smooth? Solid? They're a little bit heavy aren't they?

P.s. Apparently you got to turn them upside down before you go for each ride? To lubricate all the insides? Like wtf?

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:22 Quote
roxovanos wrote:
bebemonk4ever wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

I'd recommend some offset bushings and a custom 1 1/8 angleset to slacken that headangle and lower the bbh! I take it you put on a 9.5x3" stroke shock on your frame?

It is a Stratos Superstar 8.
I absolutely love it but it leaks like crazyCry

Mod O+
Posted: May 25, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
Mine, just finished building it a couple weeks ago...

photo

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 14:18 Quote
That bike looks like it needs a fatter fork

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 14:20 Quote
laynehip wrote:
roxovanos wrote:
bebemonk4ever wrote:

It is a Stratos Superstar 8.
I absolutely love it but it leaks like crazyCry

Stratos Superstar fork?! Are they made by Avalanche? That fork looks almost identical to my Avalanche DHF

Mod O+
Posted: May 25, 2012 at 14:22 Quote
roxovanos wrote:
That bike looks like it needs a fatter fork

It's the stock fork. But you're right, I'm working on it..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013691
Mobile Version of Website