Powered by Outside

DELETE

PB Forum :: 29ers
DELETE
Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 9:46 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29907
Here is one, But it's CF so it will talk alot of the harshness out of your aluminum frame. I would personally be looking for a CF post.
Say's its out of stock right now though Frown . I'll keep looking on CRC.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
you really don't need durace cups, invest your money in wheels - that's where you will notice better performance

if you're into risers and upright riding position why don't you just get a hybrid bike or a commuter/tourer instead of making something into something it is not designed to be Very confused

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 9:53 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:
you really don't need durace cups, invest your money in wheels - that's where you will notice better performance

if you're into risers and upright riding position why don't you just get a hybrid bike or a commuter/tourer instead of making something into something it is not designed to be Very confused
exactly! hole point of a roadbike is high speed and aero dinamics not comfort and slow speed terning, risers and short stem will just slow you down(personal exsperience)

unless your getting bullhorns just get a longer stem seriusly! i put my stubby stem on my risers before and it felt abit twitchy at high speed terns, i felt better with my longer one, with tires that tern easier and less terning going on you want slower steering, atleest 90mm, 80mm will be pushin it, i think im right in saying 100mm is the average?

mine is about 90/100mm i think

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:00 Quote
i got my bike yesterday, i was like a superman at first so they replaced the stem with a 70 :L

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:07 Quote
depends on your top tube length and how tall you are for the bike aswell i guess

my origanal was something silly like a 140mm, i was like superman! then i went to a 60mm for my risers, felt loads better, but then tried my 90mm and its just right and way better when im going fast but at slow speeds when im cruising i feal stretched out, but with the short stem fast was awkwud but slow was nicer

on my peugoet conversions thats got a realy short frame and stem, going uphills and going flat out on that is just abit awkwud, but its realy only made for cruising...

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:10 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
c-v-tich wrote:

exactly! hole point of a roadbike is high speed and aero dinamics not comfort and slow speed terning, risers and short stem will just slow you down(personal exsperience)

unless your getting bullhorns just get a longer stem seriusly! i put my stubby stem on my risers before and it felt abit twitchy at high speed terns, i felt better with my longer one, with tires that tern easier and less terning going on you want slower steering, atleest 90mm, 80mm will be pushin it, i think im right in saying 100mm is the average?

mine is about 90/100mm i think

Okay, well I'll upgrade to drops when I can afford STI Shifters and get used to riding a road bike too, I'm having risers to start off with to get used to the feel of 700c wheels, then when I do I'll change to drops.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
before getting a road bike i sewriously recomend getting measured up to see what frame size fits you best

there are several bike size calculators online which i posted few times somwhere on pb and i'm just too lazy too look up again for them

getting a bike solely on a height measurement thou it could be right mostly is like getting a shoe size based on you height Razz

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
Agreed or going into a bikeshop and having them size you.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:
before getting a road bike i sewriously recomend getting measured up to see what frame size fits you best

there are several bike size calculators online which i posted few times somwhere on pb and i'm just too lazy too look up again for them

getting a bike solely on a height measurement thou it could be right mostly is like getting a shoe size based on you height Razz

He already got one

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:14 Quote
They already measured me up, and I've got the frame in the shop right now.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
i was talking to everyone in a market for a new bike, not just him Smile

what size did you took?

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:20 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:

what size did you took?

Oh ok. Beer

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:
what size did you took?

51cm frame Smile and sorry I thought you was talking to me Facepalm

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 10:24 Quote
no no, sorry if it sounded like that Smile

51 you say, so kinesis does odd number sizes like bianchi, cool Smile

55 would prolly be perfect for me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010269
Mobile Version of Website