Demo 8 2011

PB Forum :: Specialized
Demo 8 2011
Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:33 Quote
chrisinmontreal wrote:
Just picked up a 2011 Demo 8 2. -Bottom Bracket is 83mm, but uses the new Press Fit Standard (BB30).Can I switch my stock bb for this... thanks!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=27682

I literally fit those cranks on my demo yesterday. I bought the demo second hand and the whole bb system was in place for the crank. You just need to remove the black tube that comes attached to the cranks. I'm not sure how it must be set up from a brand new frame though..

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 at 5:13 Quote
xaciidferretx wrote:
chrisinmontreal wrote:
Just picked up a 2011 Demo 8 2. -Bottom Bracket is 83mm, but uses the new Press Fit Standard (BB30).Can I switch my stock bb for this... thanks!

I literally fit those cranks on my demo yesterday. I bought the demo second hand and the whole bb system was in place for the crank. You just need to remove the black tube that comes attached to the cranks. I'm not sure how it must be set up from a brand new frame though..

I too bought mine second hand, I was riding Saints on my Norco and love the stiffness and lightness of those cranks.

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 at 7:01 Quote
chrisinmontreal wrote:
xaciidferretx wrote:
chrisinmontreal wrote:

I too bought mine second hand, I was riding Saints on my Norco and love the stiffness and lightness of those cranks.

I'm going to have my build finished by saturday cant wait to go ride it! The cranks look bloody amazing.. I'll get pics once it's done.

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 at 9:28 Quote
xaciidferretx wrote:
chrisinmontreal wrote:
xaciidferretx wrote:

I'm going to have my build finished by saturday cant wait to go ride it! The cranks look bloody amazing.. I'll get pics once it's done.

can't wait to see the end result!

Posted: Mar 17, 2012 at 16:36 Quote
chrisinmontreal wrote:
xaciidferretx wrote:
chrisinmontreal wrote:

freakin' bike shop charging me over 100CAD for a set of spokes!? Build will be done by next weekend... That will give me time to get new brakes! yay

can't wait to see the end result!

Posted: Mar 20, 2012 at 20:17 Quote
Hello demo owners! What setting are you guys running your shock in?

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
hambone2 wrote:

slack settings

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 at 8:29 Quote
potthead wrote:
hambone2 wrote:

slack settings

What's the difference exactly?

Posted: Mar 22, 2012 at 19:07 Quote
xaciidferretx wrote:
potthead wrote:
hambone2 wrote:

slack settings

What's the difference exactly?
i think its like 1 degree. i feel a big defference in settings on my bike my bike feels lower and longer in the slack and corners like a champ.

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 8:40 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 7940583> Finally done! Sorry, my camera doesn't cope with low light :/

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 8:51 Quote
anybody know when i should start checking the air pressure in my dhx rc4..its a 2011 demo and seems kinda tricky trying to get the shock pump hose to atach on the shock..the shock feels fine but i was just wondering if i should be checking the air?

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 19:12 Quote
boulder174 wrote:
anybody know when i should start checking the air pressure in my dhx rc4..its a 2011 demo and seems kinda tricky trying to get the shock pump hose to atach on the shock..the shock feels fine but i was just wondering if i should be checking the air?

ive had mine sense march last year and never touched it and the air has stayed the same.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 19:57 Quote
boulder174 wrote:
cool thanks man..

the rc4 by far is the best shock ive ever owned

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 19:59 Quote
yup! i can say the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014253
Mobile Version of Website