Powered by Outside

Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)

PB Forum :: USA - East
Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)
Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 7:44 Quote
OH THANK HEAVEN!!!

I'm back in Florida now, and I need to get some riding on!

I spent my childhood at the TOE, Carter (LHP), and Santos, and I'm looking to expand my trail "database" to include more stuff near Orlando, which is my new home.

I see tell of these private trails, and since I'm not buddy-buddy with anyone anymore, I suppose that will have to wait, but any good recommendations for FR, trail, skinnies, etc?

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 8:16 Quote
togood2die wrote:
OH THANK HEAVEN!!!

I'm back in Florida now, and I need to get some riding on!

I spent my childhood at the TOE, Carter (LHP), and Santos, and I'm looking to expand my trail "database" to include more stuff near Orlando, which is my new home.

I see tell of these private trails, and since I'm not buddy-buddy with anyone anymore, I suppose that will have to wait, but any good recommendations for FR, trail, skinnies, etc?

Thanks!
Try the GFT (Grapefruit Trail) in Palm Bay/Melbourne area. A lot of shredders from the "Big O" and other parts head over there to get some FR shred on.

http://www.ridebmba.org/

or their Face Book page...

http://https://www.facebook.com/ridebmba

Graham Swamp and Soldiers Creek also are pretty fun as well to shred. I used to shred them all until I recently moved up to Upstate, SC. If you go to the GFT, tell them 'ChiliPepper' sent ya.

Since you are in the "Big O", stop by Kyles Bike Shop and tell Kyle and Ritchy that 'ChiliPepper' sent ya. Great bunch of guys there and they have an awesome Tuesday evening Urban FR Jam through the "Big O"

Posted: Aug 8, 2013 at 8:21 Quote
suddeth39 wrote:
no i wish, going to beech next week round 2.wearing a full face and still busted his grill ,damn
Oh yeah, forgot you were racing at Beech. I wish I was up that way with you guys, but work hampers that...lol.

No, we forgot our FF helmets and had skid lids. Yeah, I know, not a smart move, thus why we were not flying down the trail at warp speed. Anyways, that gap jump takes out a few riders. Another on the same day cased it real hard and messed up his drive train pretty good.

Wishing you the best bro on a solid win and a safe return home! Beer

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 at 6:05 Quote
UTB 2 is coming up... For more details email me at flmtb666 gmail....
for more details, email Shane at flmtb666@gmail
Video coming soon...

A day of mountain biking fun & excitement.

Slalom style Mini DH time trial down the Squatch Trail.
Intermediate & Advanced classes only.
Plus a 2 1/2 mile technical trail loop time trial.
Helmet Required! Safety Gear Suggested.
Registration starts at 9am & ends at 11am.
Time Trial starts at 12 Noon & an All Mountain/Trail tt immediately following.
Entry Fee for each event - $10 Donation to Trail Building Fund.
Bring I.D.
Hot Dogs & Burgers on the grill.
Bring a dish if you would like to contribute.
Bring something to sit on.
Bring something to drink & make a day of it..

Sponsored by Truly Spokin', deity components, ATBMX & the Dirt Devils Freeride Crew...

Directions: Take I-10 to Hwy 29 / Pensacola Blvd.North. Go North on Pensacola Blvd. about (4 miles-ish) 5 lights & turn right (East) onto 10 Mile Rd. Go about a mile & veer left (Northeast) onto Pate Street. Just before the fences & backyards end on the right, turn into the Trail head main parking lot. Park there. Across the street is gated fire road. Grab your gear, go under the gate & follow the main fire road in, about 3/4 of a mile back to the Squatch Trail entrance. There will be signs marking the way once you get on the fire road.
It feels more like a slalom type flow trail to me, but we're calling it a mini DH. Just a fun, short trail that follows the hillside around a swamp.
I'd suggest a light freeride/all mountain, dirt jump, slopestyle or slalom type bike.

https://www.facebook.com/events/536831559737458/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 7:32 Quote
Views: 201    Faves: 1    Comments: 0
The first 3rd of the UTB #2 course. More of a slalom type flow trail full of gaps, berms & ladders. Re-Build should be done by this coming weekend. Stay tuned.

Posted: Dec 14, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
Wow that looks sick. Where is it being held? ^^

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 7:10 Quote
Man so glad I found this thread. Been dying to get into more freeride esque riding, recently built up a decent dj rig but just sold it due to lack of riding spots.

Mostly ride Boyette, Alafia and CRP.

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 9:03 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
Man so glad I found this thread. Been dying to get into more freeride esque riding, recently built up a decent dj rig but just sold it due to lack of riding spots.

Mostly ride Boyette, Alafia and CRP.
You also have Santos (DJ's, FR, and much trail), GFT (Grapefruit Trail) with DJ and FR features, Croom (FR, DJ's and some trail), Chuck Lennon, Graham Swamp and Mala, and then also Tom Brown (FR, DJ, and trail). There are also other places to shred around you, some private and some semi-private that offer trail, FR, and DJ's. Beer

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 9:12 Quote
All that stuff is about 3+ hours from me, but definitely on the fl bucket list. There used to be some free ride trails in North Port, but all the wooden features were torn down.

I have a hardtail that I plan to built up pretty burly.

Really need to move.

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 9:23 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
All that stuff is about 3+ hours from me, but definitely on the fl bucket list. There used to be some free ride trails in North Port, but all the wooden features were torn down.

I have a hardtail that I plan to built up pretty burly.

Really need to move.
Yeah man, NP is gone for sure. I know what you mean about leaving. I started this forum thread a few years back, but moved to Upstate SC 8 months ago. My home trail was the awesome GFT I grew up around per say, and it has an awesome mix-up of FR features. Santos is kinda just down the road from you, and Croom is just up the road for you. The Santos FR crew head there often besides Tom Brown. Now I started a forum board up here now, but my roots are in FL...lol tup

Good luck bro and we wish you the best shredding! The "Rollercoaster", "North Creek" and "Moonscape are killer awesome at Alafia.

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 9:28 Quote
Yea I'm in Ft Myers now, Boyette/Alafia is as close as it gets for any decent trails.

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 14:43 Quote
MarcoSTEEZ wrote:
Wow that looks sick. Where is it being held? ^^

The trail is in Pensacola. A fun, short little slalom like trail down a hill above a swamp. Lots of gaps, a few ladders & some berms.

Views: 173    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

photo

A day of mountain biking fun & excitement.

Slalom style Mini DH time trial down the Squatch Trail.
Intermediate & Advanced classes only.
Plus a 2 1/2 mile technical trail loop time trial.
Helmet Required! Safety Gear Suggested.
Registration starts at 9am & ends at 11am.
Time Trial starts at 12 Noon followed by a 2 1/2 mile All Mountain time trial.
Entry Fee for each event - $10 Donation to Trail Building Fund enters you in all tt's.
Bring I.D.
Hot Dogs & Burgers on the grill.
Bring a dish if you would like to contribute.
Bring something to sit on.
Bring something to drink & make a day of it..

Sponsored by Truly Spokin', deity components, ATBMX & the Dirt Devils Freeride Crew...

Directions: Take I-10 to Hwy 29 / Pensacola Blvd.North. Go North on Pensacola Blvd. about (4 miles-ish) 5 lights & turn right (East) onto 10 Mile Rd. Go about a mile & veer left (Northeast) onto Pate Street. Just before the fences & backyards end on the right, turn into the Trail head main parking lot. Park there. Across the street is gated fire road. Grab your gear, go under the gate & follow the main fire road in, about 3/4 of a mile back to the Squatch Trail entrance. There will be signs marking the way once you get on the fire road.
It feels more like a slalom type flow trail to me, but we're calling it a mini DH. Just a fun, short trail that follows the hillside around a swamp.
I'd suggest a light freeride/all mountain, dirt jump, slopestyle or slalom type bike.

Views: 489    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 at 14:11 Quote
Any pics vids from Squatch?!

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 at 16:10 Quote
Just found this thread... I know it's kinda old.

I'm a dirtjumper from Orlando who lives DT and has no riding buddies because they all knocked up their GF's (including my brother). I have a few local build spots though I mostly ride urban. I dream of freeriding out West daily and plan picking up a 2014 Darkside next year, though I know the local terrain doesn't justify such. Anyone looking for someone to go riding with that lives in the area, send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers. It would be nice to have riding buddies again.

Tarzan a.k.a. Bradley

Posted: Dec 30, 2013 at 3:16 Quote
bradleytheiconoclast wrote:
Just found this thread... I know it's kinda old.

I'm a dirtjumper from Orlando who lives DT and has no riding buddies because they all knocked up their GF's (including my brother). I have a few local build spots though I mostly ride urban. I dream of freeriding out West daily and plan picking up a 2014 Darkside next year, though I know the local terrain doesn't justify such. Anyone looking for someone to go riding with that lives in the area, send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers. It would be nice to have riding buddies again.

Tarzan a.k.a. Bradley
What up Tarzan! Not sure if you remember me or not, but I met you on the GFT (Grapefruit Trail) and up in DTO on one of Kyles (Kyles Bike Shop) night urban jams I believe. Unfortunately I moved up to Upstate South Carolina 8 months ago and loving it up here. Take the Darkside to Santos bro!

Ride on, Ride smooth, and keep the rubber off the ground! Beer Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018074
Mobile Version of Website