Cyclists- Rant about your experiences with motorists!!

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Cyclists- Rant about your experiences with motorists!!
Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 8:43 Quote
Bit of a grave dig on the thread, but this man must be pissed off.

[YT=www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w]

Just shows an average ride around London is full of idiots.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 8:55 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Bit of a grave dig on the thread, but this man must be pissed off.

[YT=www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w]

Just shows an average ride around London is full of idiots.

I found that quite a good video, BUT it is an edit, which means he'll have picked the worse bits. That could happen once a ride, you don't know

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 9:02 Quote
Edit or not, I've actually had driver like that in my town. It still shows how bad it is riding in London.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 9:17 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Edit or not, I've actually had driver like that in my town. It still shows how bad it is riding in London.

No I know, I'm not gonna sit here and say riding in london is good, but for every 1 driver that cuts him up or swears at him there could be 5 that always give way and apologise profusely if they accidentally don't see him

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 9:19 Quote
Good point. I wear a hi-viz top,have 3 lights upfront and 3 at back now. Driver hits me and they have no excuse to have not seeing me.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 9:31 Quote
Kinetic -Do you know if the authorities followed up with fines/charges for the drivers who`s licence plates were recorded?

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 10:11 Quote
dazem wrote:
Kinetic -Do you know if the authorities followed up with fines/charges for the drivers who`s licence plates were recorded?

lol yeah right, no one cares about cyclist enough to do that

people drive like that all the time around here to, really got to watch out

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 10:16 Quote
Too right. Police like to catch people speeding, but they can't be arsed to charge drivers for being negligent to cyclists.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 10:29 Quote
you laugh but what are the chances that if it were a police officer riding that bike that it would still be ignored?

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 10:33 Quote
I just have to subscribe to this thread, i've been hit by 11 cars in my life of riding......

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 10:37 Quote
dazem wrote:
you laugh but what are the chances that if it were a police officer riding that bike that it would still be ignored?

Good point. I guess if it was an officer, he'd stop them and show them his police I.D.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 10:54 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
dazem wrote:

Good point. I guess if it was an officer, he'd stop them and show them his police I.D.

Lets get real for a minute, if it were a cop, many of the incidents depicted would result in serious criminal charges. it would not be ignored, you think the officer would stop them, show his ID and tell them to have a nice day? try illegally overtaking a bicycle cop, cut him off and see what the result would be.... My question is why would an officer have more rights than a regular citizen riding his bike?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010878
Mobile Version of Website