Powered by Outside

Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
no, that wasnt ALL of it. You posted a question that had been answered 100's of times in the forums. BUT you decided not to use search and actually do something yourself.

Don't whine about Laurie, she did the right thing.

ya you right dude Attention

but the explain i got in the begining wasnt fare

if you think its make you a men to quote me its great for you !Thumbs Down

so you traying to make a war good job tup !

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
no, that wasnt ALL of it. You posted a question that had been answered 100's of times in the forums. BUT you decided not to use search and actually do something yourself.

i did search it and there where only 2 threads for each brake !!!!!!!!!!

instead of traying to help me you try to stub me

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

im not staring a war, im defending lauries actions.

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:42 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
kingfisher1 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

im not staring a war, im defending lauries actions.

im sure she can defend her own action dude. as she alrady did

sorry on the bad post just got mad

came back to delet it after i got her answer and then i see you Evil

its all good Beer

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
then ill update my post to not make anyone look bad. :-)

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:52 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
then ill update my post to not make anyone look bad. :-)

thanks
Big Grin

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 0:12 Quote
One time I went into a bike shop that sold primarly Cannondale bikes and asked them if they had a Chase 1. the guy was like, "What! you lost your credit card!"

Also I really hate it when you walk into a bike shop WITH YOUR BIKE and the guys that work there are all talking to each other and you clearly wnant them to help you but they just ignore you until you ask for help.

One time this other bike shop told me I needed $800 worth of parts to fix my bike. I went to a different (more trustworthy) bike shop and hte guys said my bike was fine. WTF!!!

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
One time I went into a bike shop that sold primarly Cannondale bikes and asked them if they had a Chase 1. the guy was like, "What! you lost your credit card!"

Also I really hate it when you walk into a bike shop WITH YOUR BIKE and the guys that work there are all talking to each other and you clearly wnant them to help you but they just ignore you until you ask for help.

One time this other bike shop told me I needed $800 worth of parts to fix my bike. I went to a different (more trustworthy) bike shop and hte guys said my bike was fine. WTF!!!

it depends on your definition of fixed. most gravity riders dont ride their bikes in perfect condition. what we think is working and fine is actually not and needs a lot of work to get it in perfect condition.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
jondurham wrote:
I'm on first name basis with almost everyone at one of my local shops. One busy day, I take my Commencal in to get my Juicys bled as I have never done an Avid bleed before. I get the old guy who has seen me in the shop many times and knows who I am. He basically treated me like shit and wanted me to go find another shop... it's only me knowing and riding with everyone else at this shop that keeps me going there.

Another shop, I will never go to again... even for a tube. The owner flips out on me and one other friend for bringing our bikes inside the store instead of leaving them outside to get stolen (believe me, they would get stolen). They are like a car dealership finding different things to do to the bike to make more revenue because they are on comission. I send something in for Warrenty to Norco, their number one distributor and after two weeks they havn't even moved my part from the front area into the back to get sent off. I spend another 3 weeks waiting for another part to come in that was given to me and I was forced not to take my bike and rent a bike on my vacation.

My last local shop are all egotistical pricks who think that they know everything and they are all King Shit. Only thing I like about em is that they sell Want Energy and I got a set of Deemaxes for 500 bucks, no tax.

/end mini rant

you need to check out the new shop in london then, they sell want and have rad leather chairs to hang in.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
Mate of mine got charged £50 to change the bearings in his rear hub. Took the guy 2 hours cos he had no idea what he was doing...And he then had the cheek to charge the guy an extra £5 for "special lube" he put the bearings in with...Eek

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
I hate it when the shop dosnt get my order in on time(i know that they wait till they make a bigger order but it still bugs me)

The little 16 year old behind the counter when the owner/manager is out.

Finding a new shop when you move.

I had a shop where i grew up and i loved it(great job fixing stuff/warrenty/supporting the local scene). I would wait to get parts till i went back to visit just because i wanted to support the shop until they closed which was too bad.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
Being served by someone who doesnt have a clueFrown

Being spoken down to by someone younger thn you!Madder

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
spag wrote:

it depends on your definition of fixed. most gravity riders dont ride their bikes in perfect condition. what we think is working and fine is actually not and needs a lot of work to get it in perfect condition.

He said my fork was bent and my fram was cracked. he said was dangerous to ride. But I have been riding it hard ever since. Nothing wrong.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
spag wrote:

He said my fork was bent and my fram was cracked. he said was dangerous to ride. But I have been riding it hard ever since. Nothing wrong.

i would not even let u ride a cracked frame and bent fork if i were the shop employee you could rly hurt yourself i have seen it happen.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
spag wrote:
spag wrote:

i would not even let u ride a cracked frame and bent fork if i were the shop employee you could rly hurt yourself i have seen it happen.

Ya but he whole point was it WASN"T broken. He never even looked me in the eye when he was telling me all this new stuff I needed.

The other bike shop told me it was FINE. THis was almost 6 months ago and I have been riding my bike a to since then, NOTHING is wrong with it.

That fvcker was trying to get me to buy a new fork, fram, brakes, headset. God knows what else. he told me 800 bucks wiothout labor, I was WTF hell no B!tch. That little Fvcking aszhole dirt fvcker Gavlord.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010918
Mobile Version of Website