Powered by Outside

Rate my 650b - rate the bike above yours

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Rate my 650b - rate the bike above yours
Posted: Dec 3, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
CentralVTMTB wrote:
6/10 is fair. Funny you say you have a soft spot for Norco's because I demo'd a bunch of bikes trying to decide what do my build on (Xprezo, Specailized, Kona, Santa Cruz, etc) and the Norco performed just as good, if not better, for nowhere near as much. So I have a soft spot for them now.
Back then, mid 90's, Norco's where the best bang for the buck. IMO. Then they went off the rails a bit so we started carrying Giant. These days they seem to be putting performance and value together again. I owned a Nishiki Kodiak back then. There was some connection with Norco with distribution. Bit of sentimentality on my part.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 8:38 Quote
Right apologies for not paying attention!!!

The Scott gets a 9/10 from me! great bikes just found the sizing not quite right for me as im 6ft 4.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 11:51 Quote
9/10 for the enduro. Wouldn't expect any less from a bike of that calibre. All the boxes are ticked IMO. If I may nitpick a little I think that the white accent in the middle of the frame is a bit out of sync with the rest of the color scheme. If it was matched to the grey on the rest of the bike I think it might look really sick. That and when you have that well spec'ed a bike its kind of hard to change in house brand parts out to put a personal touch on it to improve performance and aesthetics. Regardless, that bike is quite the weapon.
Cheers

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 12:05 Quote
New toy

Rate the norco a 6.5- this bad boy will be built over the next week. Handmade here in the uk using a cast rear end/ head tube and seat tube with machined down tubes etc- sets right with my heart as I manage a machine shop in a foundry so I love this technology and British engineering - finished pics next week

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
New toy

Rate the norco a 6.5- this bad boy will be built over the next week. Handmade here in the uk using a cast rear end/ head tube and seat tube with machined down tubes etc- sets right with my heart as I manage a machine shop in a foundry so I love this technology and British engineering - finished pics next week

You give me job? I suck but I'm keen.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 13:53 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
New toy

Lol anytime dude

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
rAtty-c wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
New toy

Lol anytime dude

If I ever move south I'll hold you to that!

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
photo
photo

empire ill give it a 5, sick bike but not for me.....

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 21:18 Quote
Devinci Spartan 9.9999999999999. Keep us posted on the build Rolleyes
I like it a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GLa9T2CtI&noredirect=1

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
That divinci frame 9/10 cant wait to see it built.
not-so-stock Scott Genius 720 9.5/10 sweet built....i had a 740 made some change but not this sick.

Made some change
WTB frequency i23 team with X9 hubs with bontrager G5 (I love the tires is like heaven on the DH and hell on the climb hahahahaha)
Crankbrother race DH and 200mm rotors, also changed to a fox 34 150mm for a 2014 diamond black. (I was using a fox34 that came with my old scott740 2013) but i dream with a rockshox pike and monarch plus.....

I wanted to go with a 1x10 using a oneup 42 and a XT/SLX component but I got a 4th bike this month a used Giant Anthem 29er for XC, but I´m putting on sale my giant glory because I'm not using it now that I have the bronson and maybe I will make more upgrade.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
Santa Cruz 6.5 - Could rate higher but the pic quality makes it hard to see what is going on there and I would tidy up the cables. Great bike though and a blast to ride. Seems like you have quite the stable.

2015 Process 134 with a few upgrades. Not the best photo:

Forest Hill Park in RVA 12.5.14

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 20:29 Quote
Mandood wrote:
Santa Cruz 6.5 - Could rate higher but the pic quality makes it hard to see what is going on there and I would tidy up the cables. Great bike though and a blast to ride. Seems like you have quite the stable.

2015 Process 134 with a few upgrades. Not the best photo:

Forest Hill Park in RVA 12.5.14

nice bike man. I wish KONA still have their distributor in my country.
Really dig with process. Are you put 140mm up front?? its fox 34 I assumed.

Posted: Dec 6, 2014 at 14:45 Quote
Process looks FUNN!! So that's a 8.5 automatically

Here's something unique,something hand made in regards to the frame, something using conflicting interests for manufacture both casting and machining. The front and complete rear end is cast aluminium while the tubes are welded, seat tube area us also cast - massively appeals to me as I work at a foundry and these are uk made

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 19:38 Quote
9 on the empire...

Heres my custom built Process 153.

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 2:32 Quote
8/10 for the process. Nice bike
I almost got the same in orange this summer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 3.001613
Mobile Version of Website