Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 22:18 Quote
Mike Escott and Me will be there sunday.
And Rory, got Anthony to check out the cranks, you're chain guide got miss aligned and wow it was f*cked haha. Took almost 45 mins. Luckily Glens a good guy and didn't charge me for it.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 23:45 Quote
thats sweet wes, thanks for doing that, how was the ride

stoked for sunday, hopin for a good turnout

10am i believe

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 9:20 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
thats sweet wes, thanks for doing that, how was the ride

stoked for sunday, hopin for a good turnout

10am i believe

Was pretty good, trail was in great shape and i love this weather.
Like i said before, Daves new work is great.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 11:16 Quote
fluid-power wrote:
I always thought a good spot for a new line would be from builders. Kinda by Jedi Facker down to Hairy Heel some where. Not sure if it is even feasable or not, just an idea.

Theres always that old way down.The one that comes out after Twiztid Sister. Instead of turning right keep going straight.It comes out at the road that Shinanigans gaps over.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
There is a lot that needs to be discused tomorrow....

The possibility of...

Doing this on an exsisting trail
Revamping of an old trail
Cutting a new trail

Also, there will need to be some building guidlines, both with quality and amplitude. Consideration needs to be given to how one builders stunt ends and another builders stunt line begins.....for example, if one line ends with a ton of speed and the next stunt line requires a low speed intro, it will stink.

The amplitude of the stunts needs to be kept to a level that makes them fun for the good riders and accessable to the beginner/intermidate rider.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 13:33 Quote
im liking that idea andrew, but maybe for the last stunt, we make it massive, and make a big ride around for people who dont want to do it, but have the line before it accessible for everyone.

anyone got a chain guide for sale, mine might be finished after that crash.(9 speed)

its gonna be wicked people, super duper wicked.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 14:40 Quote
Ripped Vapour twice today. The weather, trails and the ride posse was just the best.

Good times !

G_X

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
andrew-mcintosh wrote:
Also, there will need to be some building guidlines, both with quality and amplitude. Consideration needs to be given to how one builders stunt ends and another builders stunt line begins.....for example, if one line ends with a ton of speed and the next stunt line requires a low speed intro, it will stink.

The amplitude of the stunts needs to be kept to a level that makes them fun for the good riders and accessable to the beginner/intermidate rider.

I agree that whoever we get to judge, needs to follow some kinda code. And they need to know their shit regarding stunts, flow, build quality, etc.

This is the most renowned resource I can think of, I think the resorts use this information and their shit ain't too bad:

http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_building/index.html

It's not exactly a 'code' but whatever, we have enough time over winter to get our heads around it. Unless people think IMBA is gay sauce.

Something else....it was mentioned to me today, we need to keep this thing on the low down. Considering the build location, maybe we need to keep this within the hardcore MTB community. I mentioned prizes and media, but thinking about it more, we're not able to make it into a super humongous event. Sure, we can get some prizes and stuff but without the leverage of greater publicity, it's gonna be more of a low fi 'bro scene'. Peoples thoughts ???

On the other hand, if we do it with responsibility and proper considerations, e.g. build quality, it would make a real good example of what a united MTB community can do.

Regardless, I'm just properly stoked for 2008.

G_X

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
here are a couple action shots from the new stunt

photo

photo

super fun, thanks for the sweet pics rich

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
g-x, I see this working best if we all just go out and have fun, maybe everyone throw 20$ in a pot and winner takes all....or winner gets a case of beer.

Either way, low key, bro vib is always safest...

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 22:21 Quote
yea, lets keep this quit guys, we dont need this getting around when its still in its early stages

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 8:31 Quote
Yup, Go4Broke and I are in for the Build-off. Good Times.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 10:12 Quote
Winner gets a keg of beer...

...but they CAN'T take it home.

That'll be one good after party.

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 14:13 Quote
thanks a lot to everyone who made it out, good times were had, and alot of progress was made while i sat on my assBig Grin .

but a very special thanks to everyone that said they were gonna come, but once again didn't, you don't have to say ure coming just so well think u wanna help, if ure not coming, then don't say ure coming.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029567
Mobile Version of Website