Powered by Outside

General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 10:55 Quote
SERVICE PARTS NOW AVAILABLE
We've got some good news!

We've worked with our friends at fellow Colorado bike company, Canfield Bikes, to make sure frame and service parts are available while supplies last. They won’t be selling GG bikes, but hopefully you’ll be able to get what you need to keep rolling as long as possible.

We're handing our remaining inventory off to them and it’s available for purchase now at CanfieldBikes.com (sounds like they will be shipping starting mid-December).

Our very own Tyler joined their team back in September in a sales/customer service role as well, so you’ll be in good hands with someone who knows the GG brand and products.

You can reach him at RideGG@CanfieldBikes.com.

Canfield’s been in the game building rad bikes since the late ‘90s, so when the time comes to retire your beloved GG (hopefully not too soon), they are definitely worth a look for your next ride!

Thanks to everyone who has ridden our bikes or supported us in any way. You’ve made this journey an unforgettable experience and we appreciate you all.

Sincerely,
-Guerrilla Gravity

SHOP GG SERVICE PARTS
Canfield Bikes

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 11:07 Quote
eshew wrote:
SERVICE PARTS NOW AVAILABLE
We've got some good news!

We've worked with our friends at fellow Colorado bike company, Canfield Bikes, to make sure frame and service parts are available while supplies last. They won’t be selling GG bikes, but hopefully you’ll be able to get what you need to keep rolling as long as possible.

We're handing our remaining inventory off to them and it’s available for purchase now at CanfieldBikes.com (sounds like they will be shipping starting mid-December).

Our very own Tyler joined their team back in September in a sales/customer service role as well, so you’ll be in good hands with someone who knows the GG brand and products.

You can reach him at RideGG@CanfieldBikes.com.

Canfield’s been in the game building rad bikes since the late ‘90s, so when the time comes to retire your beloved GG (hopefully not too soon), they are definitely worth a look for your next ride!

Thanks to everyone who has ridden our bikes or supported us in any way. You’ve made this journey an unforgettable experience and we appreciate you all.

Sincerely,
-Guerrilla Gravity

SHOP GG SERVICE PARTS
Canfield Bikes

Yeah just got that email as well. I'd say that makes it official then, GG is done.
The questionable thing is "frame and service parts are available while supplies last.", will Canfield be able to manufacture and supply parts moving forward?

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 11:21 Quote
chacou wrote:
Yeah just got that email as well. I'd say that makes it official then, GG is done.
The questionable thing is "frame and service parts are available while supplies last.", will Canfield be able to manufacture and supply parts moving forward?

I feel "available while supplies last" means just that. Canfield has the old GG inventory and is handling sales and shipping. I see no indication of future manufacturing or availability. Perhaps Canfield got the CAD files along with the inventory? That's unclear and unknown to me. I appreciate this gives us at least one more chance to obtain service parts. Long term serviceability will really depend on information like the CAD drawings either becoming open source or the IP being obtained by another company like Canfield who may have the capacity to reproduce the parts.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 11:34 Quote
Agree. GG should do the right thing and release CAD files for their parts, unless they're going through acquisition, but I doubt that considering Canfield is handling shipping of their spare parts.

Maybe it's time sell my GG bikes... (more like past time)

Posted: Dec 7, 2023 at 6:02 Quote
Not my favorite news - but if you want some GG parts you can make them yourself:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2023/12/06/guerrilla-gravitys-parent-company-puts-manufacturing-equipment-auction
Auction article.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2023 at 6:49 Quote
The most telling thing is Will’s lack of communication with “his customers”

> Revved's former CEO Will Montague, did not respond to inquiries from BRAIN and our sister site Pinkbike.com.

Posted: Dec 7, 2023 at 8:47 Quote
It's tempting to describe this as a slow motion train wreck. Except that GG went from a respected name in the bike industry to the literal auction block in 90 days. So this is pretty much a full speed train wreck.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 23:20 Quote
Does anyone know if there was any progress getting CAD files to have replacement parts made? I'm assuming not as I've tried to contact the company myself but have had absolutely no luck.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 7:13 Quote
Nope. GG still hasn’t even put out an official message that they’ve ceased and now it looks like their website is dead.

That IP belongs to the investor that pulled the plug. Canfield might still have parts available.

Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 10:28 Quote
https://canfieldbikes.com/collections/guerrilla-gravity-service-parts

Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 15:15 Quote
chacou wrote:
Nope. GG still hasn’t even put out an official message that they’ve ceased and now it looks like their website is dead.

That IP belongs to the investor that pulled the plug. Canfield might still have parts available.

The owner definitely put out an official statement that they were done a while back. It was in a pinkbike article.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 18:19 Quote
jbuzzinco wrote:
https://canfieldbikes.com/collections/guerrilla-gravity-service-parts

Yeah, unfortunately they don't have what I need. With as quickly as they ran out of some parts I'm curious as to how much stock is really available at this point for everything else.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 18:34 Quote
Keegansamonster wrote:
chacou wrote:

The owner definitely put out an official statement that they were done a while back. It was in a pinkbike article.

Matt posted on LinkedIn his departure but not that GG/Revved was done. Will/GG never put out an “official” message either.

“ A few of us have reached out to various parties at GG, but no comment seems to be the comment of the day”
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/guerrilla-gravity-appears-to-have-closed-up-shop.html

Will thanked Canfield for liquidating the remaining stock. But never anything official about running the business into the ground. Their social media appears as though they’re still around aside from maybe a plug to get parts from Canfield. https://m.pinkbike.com/news/canfield-bikes-to-offer-guerrilla-gravity-service-parts.html

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009740
Mobile Version of Website