Powered by Outside

inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
nishnash wrote:
what are the best CURRENTLY AVAILABLE inverted forks?

Lol. Wait another year and ask.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
nishnash wrote:
what are the best CURRENTLY AVAILABLE inverted forks?
i wanna know about the new dorados to me those things should be killing it if they fixed the seal issue

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
yeh thats the 1 thing that turned me down from considering them for my build

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
The newer dorados won't have seal issues, that's a thing of the past. As far as I can tell, if you compare a 03 dorado to any other 03 DH fork, the dorado is better, and not by a bit. If they can remake that crazy dominance, maybe the other giants will make inverted crowns, and who knows, we might see an inverted push. If the dorado does have the dominance it had. Don't worry about it's performance, it'll be the best out there by an insane amount.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
same here i dont have the cash to fix seals all the time

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
The stock seals aren't too great, but take a look at after market seals, they'll work as well as seals for any other fork.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
can u give me a price on seals and i heard they need alot of maintenance

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
nishnash wrote:

TF tuned. British place. $30 plus S&H for seals. Not sure of many companies that make dorado seals, been talking to enduro about them, and they might see what they can do.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:27 Quote
sherbet wrote:
nishnash wrote:

TF tuned. British place. $30 plus S&H for seals. Not sure of many companies that make dorado seals, been talking to enduro about them, and they might see what they can do.
Dorado seals are about 50$ and up if you can find them.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
-sartom- wrote:
sherbet wrote:
nishnash wrote:

Yeah, if. Like I said, TF tuned DOES sell them, but the S&H would probably make them over $50. Pity.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The newer dorados won't have seal issues, that's a thing of the past. As far as I can tell, if you compare a 03 dorado to any other 03 DH fork, the dorado is better, and not by a bit. If they can remake that crazy dominance, maybe the other giants will make inverted crowns, and who knows, we might see an inverted push. If the dorado does have the dominance it had. Don't worry about it's performance, it'll be the best out there by an insane amount.

well when ur rite ur rite.... dorados = best performing fork ever made

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

well when ur rite ur rite.... dorados = best performing fork ever made

Well, not ever. I've ridden a few boxxers, and I own a 40, and I'd say both feel better and weigh less than a dorado, but, for the time, an 05 40 and an 05 boxxer would have nothing on a 05 dorado. I really hope the new dorado is as amazing for it's time as the old one.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
sherbet wrote:
-sartom- wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Yeah, if. Like I said, TF tuned DOES sell them, but the S&H would probably make them over $50. Pity.
the people that have problems with seals are the folks that dont use themn things that come wit the forks... u know the guards... use em and ur less likely to have that problem

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010214
Mobile Version of Website