Powered by Outside

Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 8:00 Quote
Big Steve - Mt Burke is a classic and totally rip worthy from the summit.

I was planning on checking it out this past summer, but never got around to it.
Next year for sure.
I'll continue to do a bit of riding, mostly in the city, but for the next 6 months, my focus has shifted to this:
Sunday, Banff backcountry-

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 19:57 Quote
Jontee 12,

I'm confused here.. what are you posting? Your hamster got out and ran amok upon the keyboard as you were looking for the lube?

Ok, that's not over the top is it?

This is what happens when you don't ride enough.

Oh wait... is jontee12 a spambot?

Crap. I'm typing to a spambot. Oh well.

So, um, how are the trail conditions? Anyone? I just got over the flu, and have 4 days.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 7:02 Quote
Snow cover everywhere! If it doesnt warm up too much, the packed trails in a few days will be ridable. Fish Creek, Benchlands, Bowmont, are all good snow rides. We are at the mercy of the hikers and dog people to pack em down over the next few days.
Moab & Fruita are still good. Sedona is good too. Costa Rica is pretty wet right now!

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:53 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
Snow cover everywhere! If it doesnt warm up too much, the packed trails in a few days will be ridable. Fish Creek, Benchlands, Bowmont, are all good snow rides. We are at the mercy of the hikers and dog people to pack em down over the next few days.
Moab & Fruita are still good. Sedona is good too. Costa Rica is pretty wet right now!

F' it let's go to Costa Rica...It's F'n dope in Jan/Feb...

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 7:55 Quote
quinner wrote:
ibisrox wrote:

F' it let's go to Costa Rica...It's F'n dope in Jan/Feb...
I'm in. When do we leave! lol

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 9:16 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
I'm in. When do we leave! lol

I wish! I went to CR in 05' with Big Mtn Adventures. Wicked Trip!
Once the Chinooks start rolling in around Feb, Canmore should be sweet, especially Benchlands for riding, let's get the party started again then!

Merry X-mas to all the "Alberta All Mtn-Xc's" out there. May Santa bring you cool parts, neat swag and more importantly a bright new year of sweet singletrack shredding!!

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 23:14 Quote
quinner wrote:
Once the Chinooks start rolling in around Feb, Canmore should be sweet, especially Benchlands for riding, let's get the party started again then!

Merry X-mas to all the "Alberta All Mtn-Xc's" out there. May Santa bring you cool parts, neat swag and more importantly a bright new year of sweet singletrack shredding!!

No snow in Victoria right now!
Hint hint!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 9:00 Quote
strahan wrote:
quinner wrote:

Hint hint!
N V!!!!!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 10:08 Quote
strahan wrote:
quinner wrote:

Hint hint!

Strahan your killing me dude...I sent you a PM, Coming to visit soon enough I hope.

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 14:21 Quote
Any X-mas wishes for ye' ole' Albeta riders? Santa please bring me...MORE SPEED and a good game plan for the trails in K-country...Cough Cough Bike Park Cough Cough...HA HA.

You guys?

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
My wishes for x-mas and 08 in general
- new cross bike for winter training
- Riding/discovering more trails in the Southern Rockies/Livingstone area
- A new Alberta singletrack epic to add to cox/jumpingpound
- quinner's bike park idea is long overdue
- Oil/gas and timber industries giving back by funding new trails.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:06 Quote
Good Idea on the Gas/Timber companies funding.
If you want an epic with 3x the DH of Cox Hill and about 85kms, try the McPhail/Weary Creek/Fording River Pass loop down by Longview. Epic climbs with a cliff(not too treacherous) and two provincial lines crossed(Alta/BC) Incredible views!
And you won't see a single person all day. Try it in August when the Kananaskis river level is lower. An awesome trip! PM me for exact directions, it gets confusing in some places.
There was a bike park in Bragg on Wintergreen w/ chairlift, but it didn't fly.
There might still be some trails up there.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
Reclaimer in Canmore is good. Gets cleared of snow and sanded by some really good guy.
Fish Creek is great, snow packed good and singletracks are in great shape. Nose hill is good, dirt in some places to be had.
Get out on your bikes folks, cold is only an illusion!

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
Reclaimer in Canmore is good. Gets cleared of snow and sanded by some really good guy.

Yeah, we met him on Saturday and gave him a big thanks! He's been doing it for the past three years.

ibisrox wrote:
Fish Creek is great, snow packed good and singletracks are in great shape. Nose hill is good, dirt in some places to be had.

12 Mile Coulee is good riding right now but if you don't have studs, be careful on some of the creek crossings, lots of Bowmont is snow free, and Edworthy's singletrack descents are fun with all of the snow.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
Awesome to bump into you "never" on the Reclaimer on Saturday. Drop me a line if yor still a go for the wknd here.

Get out folks... Riding has been great over the holidays, a true shred fest! From hike a bikes to shuttles there is dirt to be had. Pushed 3/4 of the downhill of Cox last week and it's GTG except for a dozen or more newly downed tree's. Hopefully, "those guys" will get er cleared.

Glad to see others getting "Illusionary". Way to go "ibisrox"!

Look what Santa was up to Christmas morning...

photo

Start 08 with some shred...

Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019693
Mobile Version of Website