Powered by Outside

Post up your KHS!!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post up your KHS!!
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:

The picture doesn't really make it look that raked either. I may just lower my 888's to 7 inches. I could go for 66's but I like the increase of stability from double crowns. Plus they just look so much better than single crowns lol
i know it, i talked to the guy at Marz, and he told me to try the 66, after going to double crowns i couldn't go back. hey did you put a longer i2i shock on yours?

Good eye, I went from a 7.5 x 2.0 to a 7.875 x 2.25.
haha i did the same thing with mine. It increased suspension travel but i'm not sure by how much. mine felt pretty good the other day when i went out, but then again it prob feel better than the stock anyhow.

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
bkraft wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:

i know it, i talked to the guy at Marz, and he told me to try the 66, after going to double crowns i couldn't go back. hey did you put a longer i2i shock on yours?

haha i did the same thing with mine. It increased suspension travel but i'm not sure by how much. mine felt pretty good the other day when i went out, but then again it prob feel better than the stock anyhow.

well obviously it increases cause the stroke, but i'm not sure if i could consider my bike having say 6.5" of travel instead of 6" or something lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
bkraft wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:

Yeah, this weather sucks. But my rear suspension feels so much better than stock. I think the travel of my AM 1000 is around 6.7 or 7 inches.

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
that's what i figures that mine prob about 7 now. ya figure one inch of shock stroke is equal to two inches of travel(granted the stock 2.00" stroke equals 6inch of travel) so a quarter of an inch of stroke should be about 3/4" or so more of travel lol. you have the rocco?

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
bkraft wrote:
that's what i figures that mine prob about 7 now. ya figure one inch of shock stroke is equal to two inches of travel(granted the stock 2.00" stroke equals 6inch of travel) so a quarter of an inch of stroke should be about 3/4" or so more of travel lol. you have the rocco?

Yeah that sounds about right. And yes I do have the Roco TST-R. Can't give a review on performance yet but it does have a wide array of adjustments...plus it looks sexy lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:

Yeah that sounds about right. And yes I do have the Roco TST-R. Can't give a review on performance yet but it does have a wide array of adjustments...plus it looks sexy lol
yeah it does lol. I was trying to pick one of those up but i started running out of cash and just wanted to be done with the build so i could ride it. The Fox Van R i got for it tho feels pretty good, and has just enough clearance to run it with the resevoir protected in the frame. I'm not a weight weenie lol my bike is 43 lbs, but i'm thinking about getting a Ti spring for it just to dress it up a bit lol

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 2:51 Quote
bkraft wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:
bkraft wrote:

yeah it does lol. I was trying to pick one of those up but i started running out of cash and just wanted to be done with the build so i could ride it. The Fox Van R i got for it tho feels pretty good, and has just enough clearance to run it with the resevoir protected in the frame. I'm not a weight weenie lol my bike is 43 lbs, but i'm thinking about getting a Ti spring for it just to dress it up a bit lol
Yeah my TST-R fits the same way. My ride weighs just under 40 lbs. I'd get a Ti spring but it just costs way too much.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
Heres my DJ-300..
photo

Main Specs:
KHS dj300 frame
Rockshox pikes 426
Avid juicy 7s
Wheels:
Front: mavic 729 on a dt swiss hugi hub(440)
Rear: mavic 729 on shimano hub

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
photo

KHS Dj-50
Manitou 150mm Travis Singles
Truative Bars
Sunrims Stypes

Ill get an updated pic on later.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
Updated pic of my bike, gettin hayes strokey ryde brakes and some new pedals soon.
photo

photo

Oh, and heres what it looked like before the paint job Helmet
photo

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
Here's some updated pics of my KHS'.

photo

I got a paint scheme going on now...and switched over to the Sram X9 drivetrain...huge improvement over Shimano XT's. Amazingly weighs only 37.5 lbs.

photo

Also has some sort of scheme... I removed the foam from the seat recently and it was given a much cleaner look. Should be almost sub 28 lbs.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 21:12 Quote
My XC204, its a tank..I think it can take a beating...had it for less than a month...
My first real MTB... I pray that KHS doesn't will not disappoint me....

i need a shot while ripping this baby.

I call myself reckless for buying a KHS...becuase all I see around is norcos, specs, giants, rocky mtns...... but we will see

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 21:15 Quote
photo

i love it!
still not done..supra d's on ringle hubs still to come, and white kona wah-wah's

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
photo

Just added some decals (Sram, Truvativ, Avid) and my last name on the top tube.
Weighs 37 pounds.

photo

Recent pic. Slimmed seat, 6 inch rear rotor. Weighs 27.7 lbs with rear brake, 26.6 brakeless.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
i have to say, the older KHS DJ frames look like shit.
i like the 2009 design way more.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026838
Mobile Version of Website