Powered by Outside

Hope Pro 2 Hubs

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Hope Pro 2 Hubs
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
towers08 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:
All I hear about Hopes is them breaking.

They're super loud, which is kinda nice, but that fad is wearing off for me.

The few Hopes I've ridden all skipped at least once when I rode them.

I like the King ring drive more. The more pressure on it, the less likely it is to skip.
+1
pro 2's= FAIL
they realy do suck buut they sound nice
im sure people buy them because of volume

and the ring drive is awsome
but the ck standard axles arnt verry strong lol

they hardly suck when their one of the most popular hubs :S

you may only just hear of them braking because the sheer volume of them that exist!.

i didnt just hear of them breaking mine and a freinds kept braking

tke springs breaking must be the most common problem
but i also snapped my axle and the freehub is weak
the bearings could be better
and ive heard about alot of hub shells cracking

there are soo many better hubs than this e.g. most of the sun ringle hubs
why people insist on buying pro 2's i will never no

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
made of cheese them hubs are

no seriously; snapped the flange in the body after 3 weeks now back to my old trusty bulbs

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
still going strong for a year and a half, best hub evaa

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
can I use the hanger banger that comes with my demo 8 on the bolt up 10 mm?

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
dhdemo840 wrote:
can I use the hanger banger that comes with my demo 8 on the bolt up 10 mm?
probably not - get the 'Saint' version or you can just buy the 'Saint' axle and fit that to any standard Pro 2 hub.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 7:32 Quote
As I said a while ago, Im getting a new wheel with a blue Hope Pro II on it (front). I picked up a wheel the other day and it looked amazing and is going to fit in perfect with my bike but when I got homeFacepalm I realised they had used a Pimp Instead of Pimplite so I had to bring it back and will hopefully have it next weekFrown

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
i've got a pro 2 front hub....quick release...but i've got a marzocchi 66 fork with 20mm axle.

how do i get the two together without contacting hope? cause im lazy as all hell

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
SeaJay wrote:
i've got a pro 2 front hub....quick release...but i've got a marzocchi 66 fork with 20mm axle.

how do i get the two together without contacting hope? cause im lazy as all hell

You will need to get a 20mm conversion kit. For directions, take a look at Hope's website as they have a video for performing the conversion.

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=82960&page=HOPE%20PRO%202%2020MM%20THRU%20AXLE%20CONVERSION%20CAPS

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
Just about to get mine built up, but I'm a bit worried about all the freehub talk. Will the cassette really mangle the freehub up, because £50 seems like quite a bit to pay for a steel one?

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
c2crider wrote:
Just about to get mine built up, but I'm a bit worried about all the freehub talk. Will the cassette really mangle the freehub up, because £50 seems like quite a bit to pay for a steel one?

the older cassettes had like teeth that dug in and ate the freehubs for breakfast,some of the sram cassettes still do.

yopu can see some of them just as you look into the inside of the cassette itself.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.roadcycling.com/artman/uploads/sram_r9cassette.jpg
notice the bigger load area on the shimano cassette.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.eyebike.com/images/cassette/shimano-xt-cassette-9.jpg

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
so If I go shimano xt I should be ok? Because got a suntour on there at the moment (embarrasing but true.) It just seemed a bit off that you might need to spend an extra £50 to replace something on a £140 hub

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
c2crider wrote:
so If I go shimano xt I should be ok? Because got a suntour on there at the moment (embarrasing but true.) It just seemed a bit off that you might need to spend an extra £50 to replace something on a £140 hub

unfortunately its where companies make there profit margins up,totem upper crown and stantchions is 380 quid.

not just xt but if you buy from a shop try and have a look at the internals,xt cassettes are only like this in the upper portion of the gears but thats because thats where most of the torque is apllied,also apply some grease.

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
thanks for your help, i might just bite the bullet and save up for the steel one. Stupid cost cutting/ profit margin measures Thumbs Down

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
c2crider wrote:
thanks for your help, i might just bite the bullet and save up for the steel one. Stupid cost cutting/ profit margin measures Thumbs Down

the weight is central so you wont feel it all that much,be a bigger difference if it were at the rim though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015751
Mobile Version of Website