Powered by Outside

Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
STP-Matt wrote:
Can people across the sea not read, it all come down to personal preference. I chose hayes nines over Avid Juicy 7s..

I'd laff at eny1 who picz avud jusy fivez over hayez nynes...
we can read but not your gibberish

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
i prefer juicy's over hayes 9 i had nothing but problems with my 9's and i have yet to have one with my juicy's

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
stinkyrider88 wrote:
i prefer juicy's over hayes 9 i had nothing but problems with my 9's and i have yet to have one with my juicy's
go wit the juciys!

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
I've had the hayes 9. and i have some juicy 3's on one of my current bikes, and they have nearly the same breaking power and in my opinion the juicy's feel alot better. And of course with juicy's you dont get the signature hayes squeal as soon as your brakes get a drop of moisture on them. I'm not exactly sure the differences from the juicy 3's and 5's but if the 3's can match the hayes 9's then i'm positive the 5's can too.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
Juciys are way better then hayes!

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 0:55 Quote
poozank wrote:
STP-Matt wrote:
Can people across the sea not read, it all come down to personal preference. I chose hayes nines over Avid Juicy 7s..

I'd laff at eny1 who picz avud jusy fivez over hayez nynes...
we can read but not your gibberish

That was the idea, sarcasam love.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 5:13 Quote
I have just spent a couple weeks trying out both juicy 5's and HFX carbons. Hayes wins hands down with power. I am getting rid of my Juicy 5's after this weekend... I am not too clear as to what the big deal is with Avid's, apart from the Codes.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 5:41 Quote
foxrider28 wrote:
Some opinions about that? you little cocksucker

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 5:44 Quote
norwegianqfree wrote:
foxrider28 wrote:

hey now easy with the personal attacks, hes alowed to express his opinion. if you would like him to elaborate then thats fine, ask him.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 5:48 Quote
90% of the people replying have never tried either brake (i've owned or used Hayes 9s and Mags and juicy 7s and Codes), or have only tried one.
Theres far too many Avid bummers around that just recommend them to everyone, having never tried them for them selves.
I

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
Same with me my hayes are way more powerful!

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
pfft what ever. i have owned hayes 9s and mags and really dont like them. i did at first..... then every hayes ive ever had has exploded, seized or just got air in there..and thats with proper maintenance. wen they are broke they never work proper again.
Although avids do go wrong - they are easier, FAR EASIER to fix. Better racing feel too. sooo
avid
avid
avid all the way!!!!!!

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
norwegianqfree wrote:
foxrider28 wrote:

No need for that. grow up dude.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
dg85 wrote:
norwegianqfree wrote:
foxrider28 wrote:

No need for that. grow up dude.

Just ignore him he can play with he's barby dolls or other toy's if he's got premission from he's dad or momlol .

Back on topic

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
Im running both juicy 5s and hayes hfx9s. I find them the same for instant power, however i havn't tried them on long distance decents yet. I seem to have much more control over braking with the juicy oppose to the hayes which is a bit more either locked or not.
That may be due because the hayes is on the rear.

Note: Im running Juicy 5 front - 203mm rotor and hayes hfx 9 rear - 203mm rotor.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012277
Mobile Version of Website