Powered by Outside

Show off your bike(s) Ladies!

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Show off your bike(s) Ladies!
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
babycham wrote:
Hi, can anybody who owns or has any experience of a Transistion Syren help me out please Smile

I live in England and they are very hard to get hold of over here so i am buying one from USA for about £2000, but i am abit unsure as i won't be able to test the bike before i buy it. So basically i need reviews from people who actually ride them so i can get a good idea what they are like, and also do you prefur the air or coil rear shock?
how do they compare to other bikes?
and what is the size like? i think i should get a medium?

By the way i am 5"6 and weigh about 119 lbs.

Any help would be great, Thanks Smile

Hey there,

Yes, the Transition Syren is fantastic! It's really done wonders for my riding. I was previously on a blokey bike - a Moment Ellsworth which was really holding me back.

You can read my review of the bike on Transition's site (rather than repeating myself here) http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Blog_CommentsView.cfm?B=491&Month=06&Year=2009

But try before you buy as it's a lot of money, and you never know I suppose, it might not be for you. Surf Sales are now the UK importer so you might be able to get it cheaper and faster through them.

Alternatively if you ever come up to London then give me a shout and you can take my Syren out for a spin!

Farah Big Grin

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
fraktiv wrote:
babycham wrote:
Hi, can anybody who owns or has any experience of a Transistion Syren help me out please Smile

I live in England and they are very hard to get hold of over here so i am buying one from USA for about £2000, but i am abit unsure as i won't be able to test the bike before i buy it. So basically i need reviews from people who actually ride them so i can get a good idea what they are like, and also do you prefur the air or coil rear shock?
how do they compare to other bikes?
and what is the size like? i think i should get a medium?

By the way i am 5"6 and weigh about 119 lbs.

Any help would be great, Thanks Smile

Hey there,

Yes, the Transition Syren is fantastic! It's really done wonders for my riding. I was previously on a blokey bike - a Moment Ellsworth which was really holding me back.

You can read my review of the bike on Transition's site (rather than repeating myself here) http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Blog_CommentsView.cfm?B=491&Month=06&Year=2009

But try before you buy as it's a lot of money, and you never know I suppose, it might not be for you. Surf Sales are now the UK importer so you might be able to get it cheaper and faster through them.

Alternatively if you ever come up to London then give me a shout and you can take my Syren out for a spin!

Farah Big Grin
i was concidering getting a syren for my next bike but i dont honestly think i will do it any justice. My riding isnt very smooth as im just transfering to more DH orientated riding from XC. Dont get me wrong i still want to do XC so i need a more AM rig.

Posted: Nov 21, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
Hello!

I also ride a Transition Syren, they are awesome bikes! Fab I had been eyeing up the Syren for ages but thought my riding probably wasn't good enough to justify getting one - then I had a ride on Farah's and was so impressed that I ordered mine literally a week later!

I am 5'3 and weigh 57kg and I ride a small Syren - height-wise you might be better to go for a medium, they're quite short so you might end up banging your knees on the bars if you go for a small.

I have the DHX 5.0 air - went for air for the weight advantage and also because I was already running air forks. I'm not a very hard rider so think air is fine for me.

Let us know if you decide to get one!

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 17:11 Quote
My Kona Four Lisa

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/zoom4267/1109091511.jpg

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 3:10 Quote
Beth wrote:
Hello!

I also ride a Transition Syren, they are awesome bikes! Fab I had been eyeing up the Syren for ages but thought my riding probably wasn't good enough to justify getting one - then I had a ride on Farah's and was so impressed that I ordered mine literally a week later!

I am 5'3 and weigh 57kg and I ride a small Syren - height-wise you might be better to go for a medium, they're quite short so you might end up banging your knees on the bars if you go for a small.

I have the DHX 5.0 air - went for air for the weight advantage and also because I was already running air forks. I'm not a very hard rider so think air is fine for me.

Let us know if you decide to get one!

A big thank you to everyone that replied to me, you have helped me a lot Smile I am still thinking about getting the Syren, so i will let you know when i come to my final decision!
Farah thank you for the offer, if i lived nearer London then i would be straight over to have a ride Big Grin

Thanks again Smile

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
my wife and i share for now shes getting either a fit bmx or a giant stp but for now this is what she rides
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
Bike check, New pegs! : )
photo

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 1:37 Quote
Here's my new custom ORANGE FIVE DIVA PRO....sweet ride and hotter than Megan Fox on fire!!
photo

She hasnt been out so much yet...bloody crap british weather!!

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 4:00 Quote
My new custom 4X'er under construction
photo

My custom XO ready for summer DH
photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 4:02 Quote
hellsbells wrote:
Here's my new custom ORANGE FIVE DIVA PRO....sweet ride and hotter than Megan Fox on fire!!
photo

She hasnt been out so much yet...bloody crap british weather!!

Lol!!lol We know how you feel over in Canada too!

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 4:07 Quote
Luminous wrote:
Bike check, New pegs! : )
photo

I have nightmares about BMX pegs, lol. I split my face open on one just missing my right eye. Took over 18 stiches and I still have a half-moon scar from my eyebrow to the bottom of my nose.Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 4:11 Quote
bigquotes
[Quote="terri-anne"]Some awesome bikes on here- it's interesting to see what colour schemes us girls favour- I work for a cycle company and the guys never know what bike colours to get in!?!

Well, Here are my bikes:

First off, my pride and joy- my Charge Blender, which I use for racing 4X-
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3953/pbpic3953347.jpg

TERRI-ANNE: How much does that Blender weigh?

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 5:07 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
My new custom 4X'er under construction
photo

My custom XO ready for summer DH
photo

WOW, both bikes look cool! I'm thinking 'bout getting a Bank as well, since the frame I use for fourcross died.

Here's my new bike. My first full suspension bike. Gonna use it as an allround bikepark-bike. Main goal: ride faster on downhill tracks.
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 7:07 Quote
Gave Porky(my Jamis Parker) a bit of a make over. Rawed the frame and fitted a smaller ratio cassette.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021290
Mobile Version of Website