Powered by Outside

Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
coca wrote:
Jealous of what? My skills are far superior and I am gorgeous. Don't hate me because I am perfect AND Canadain...AND ride a doper machine.

EDIT: Why can't you all be like my boy Marquis...he knows who's boss.

Everytime I think Coca, I think...
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.robotchicken.org/images/thumb/7/78/Joint_Point.jpg/320px-Joint_Point.jpg

.....he could really use a Wilson.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CatLaugh.jpg

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
I thought you guys were my friends...

And maybe next year if you are lucky, I will talk to the Devinci boys and see if I can have a bike. I'm very happy being aboard a Santa Cruz this year though, so it may not change next season either. LIVE WITH IT PUNK!

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
I got the final word...

PINKBIKE SCALES ARE LIKE PINKBIKE USERS AGE!

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
ride66 wrote:
I got the final word...

OVER 9000?

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
BarqsRootBEEEEEEER wrote:
ride66 wrote:
I got the final word...

OVER 9000?

Simply wrong Wink

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
Both the new M6 and V-10 are considered FRO. If you don't believe me research it. I spent many hours researching new DH frame purchase recently.

Both have VPP technology which provides an excellent ride especially in rock gardens.

The M6 (w/CCDB and Ti) is lighter than the V-10 by, if I remember close to 2 lbs. Check out Competitive Cyclist for proof. If you put a Ti coil on the V10 you can drop close to half lb which still makes M6 lighter.

The M6 rides super low, even lower than V10 and Sunday WC. I checked one out at Snowshoe this summer. I got off my 4 inch sag V-10 and got on the M6. Its like being on a chopper.

The cockpit geometry of the M6 is shorter for tall riders like me at 6'4". Not an issue for normal height riders.

Either bike with the CCDB would be a great ride. The V-10 with the proper tune RS Vivid 5.1 for the leverage ratio would be great choice too.

The M6 is more expensive.

Travel differences are not worth comparing. Leverage ratio will be lower on M6 allowing you to run lower rate and thus lighter springs

I have owned two 2nd generation V-10s, and although I cannot speak of ride of 3rd generation V-10, the V-10 is a force to be reckoned with but you already knew that.

Do not intend to freeride either bike. They are for riding and racing DH. They will not hold up in the long run and there are better less expensive alternatives for FR.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
So you are saying an m6 with CCDB/Ti is around 8lbs? Interesting...

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:24 Quote
No I think it came out to 9.1 lbs. Let me look them up again and i will confirm...

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
The M6 w/ Rovox steel is 4313g or 9.5 lbs.

The V-10 w/ Vivid steel is 4712g or 10/4 lbs.

So only 1lb diff for steel coil versions

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
10.4 lbs not 10/4. my bad

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
Both 2008 or 2009? Both same size?

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
I think that when you get up to that calabar of bike it all comes down to personal prefferance. I would try to ride both of them and then decide for your self

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
extention wrote:
I think that when you get up to that calabar of bike it all comes down to personal prefferance. I would try to ride both of them and then decide for your self

Great insight, thank you for your words of wisdom.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:35 Quote
Those weights are both 2009 at same size. Go to Competitivecyclist.com and you can see for yourself. You can build one and see weight or just see frame weight. They no longer have the CCDB option on the M6 which according to my notes was 9.1 lbs. The V-10 canbe lighter w/ Fox DHX 5.0 vs the Vivid but I can assure you from experience that even a PUSH tuned DHX does not compare to the ride of a Vivid 5.1! Yet still it will not be lighter than the M6 no matter what. You really do need to read a lot of reviews and ride them if you can especially since both are so expensive. My recommendation if you are not over 6'2" is the M6 if you are racing. If you are not racing go with the V10 so it will last a bit longer. Both will no doubt be a killer ride but in racing you want the lightest.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
Not to mess with your head or anything but have you considered other bikes that are awesome rides and a bit cheaper and you will be unique on the mountain too. If you can wait til spring I would recommend considering the new 2009 Evil Revolt or the 2009 Turner DHR both with tried and true DW suspension. The DHR is super light too.

If you have money to burn check out the Morewood Makula with the BOS suspension. It will probably decimate all but is a $4G+ frame.

The Tomac Primer 220 is another killer ride but the fram is a bit on the heavy side compared to some others.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009482
Mobile Version of Website