Powered by Outside

The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
does anyone know anything about that under 16 thing. its on their website but its only like a paragraph and pretty much says if you are under 16 you have to do a 1 hour test to see if your good enough? anyone have any more info?

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
odin333 wrote:
does anyone know anything about that under 16 thing. its on their website but its only like a paragraph and pretty much says if you are under 16 you have to do a 1 hour test to see if your good enough? anyone have any more info?

Well, i dont know if it will be the same for this season, but for last season, these were the rules for those under 16:

-you must take a test (it was only 1 run) to prove your ability to ride the mountain. you only need to take it once, then it goes on your record in the computer so that when you buy lift tickets, they already know you are capable.

-you must wear full armour

And that is all that i can remember. There might be more, but nothing too extreme.

~Mark

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
markbatt wrote:
odin333 wrote:

Well, i dont know if it will be the same for this season, but for last season, these were the rules for those under 16:

-you must take a test (it was only 1 run) to prove your ability to ride the mountain. you only need to take it once, then it goes on your record in the computer so that when you buy lift tickets, they already know you are capable.

And that is all that i can remember. There might be more, but nothing too extreme.

~Mark

you didnt need to wear full armour

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
markbatt wrote:
odin333 wrote:

~Mark

grr great now i need to get more then a full face, might strap on some of my sisters barbie roller blade knee pads.

but does anyone know what a cheap chest guard is? and maybe knee/elbow guards?

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
freeriderconnor wrote:
markbatt wrote:
odin333 wrote:

~Mark

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
freeriderconnor wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:
markbatt wrote:

~Mark

on the site it says you need full body armour, i just checked before i go out and blow $300.

and just to save all you guys the time http://www.bluemountain.ca/pdf/Summer/MtnBikeAssessment-16under.pdf, read the last sentance of the second last paragraph.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
freeriderconnor wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:
markbatt wrote:

~Mark

Are you sure? I remeber that being an issue at the end of last season. A couple of the guys i was with during the test kept their hoodies on to make it look like they were wearing full armour. I am also pretty sure i read it off their site last year. I might be wrong though.

~Mark

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
markbatt wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:

Are you sure? I remeber that being an issue at the end of last season. A couple of the guys i was with during the test kept their hoodies on to make it look like they were wearing full armour. I am also pretty sure i read it off their site last year. I might be wrong though.

~Mark
\
well i dont know what there site said, but i went with a bunch of my friends and none of them had any armour, not even a full face, of course i did, cuz im not an idiot, but they didnt, and were aloud

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
odin333 wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:

on the site it says you need full body armour, i just checked before i go out and blow $300.

if you dont want to invest in your own just spend the $15-20 and rent there armour

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
odin333 wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:

if you dont want to invest in your own just spend the $15-20 and rent there armour

meh, rather just get my own stuff, then you have it and can use it when and werever you want instead of spending $200 a season.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
freeriderconnor wrote:
markbatt wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:

~Mark
\
well i dont know what there site said, but i went with a bunch of my friends and none of them had any armour, not even a full face, of course i did, cuz im not an idiot, but they didnt, and were aloud

Was this early in the season? if it was, that is why, because these rules were not created until mid season.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
markbatt wrote:
freeriderconnor wrote:
markbatt wrote:

~Mark
\

Was this early in the season? if it was, that is why, because these rules were not created until mid season.

nope, this was near the end of august, we had to do the test and everything

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
[Quote="freeriderconnor"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="freeriderconnor"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="freeriderconnor"]

Well, im not sure at all then. it seems to be in the rules, so i dont know what to say. We will just have to wait and see for this year. In my opinion, i think it would probibly be a good idea to have armour anyways. it has saved me more than once, and if i wasnt wearing it those times, i probibly would have spend some serious time in the hospital.

~Mark

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
[Quote="markbatt"][Quote="freeriderconnor"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="freeriderconnor"][Quote="markbatt"]

yeah, even if you could get around the rules i still wouldn't want to. their their for a reason, why take the risk of getting hurt and getting in trouble with blue mountain?

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
[Quote="skinna"][Quote="markbatt"][Quote="free629ride"][Quote="markbatt"]

YEEEE!! brakeless is sick, no brakes = no hestitation, you learn to just go for it and you learn the flow of your bike. Im only riding street and indoor parks right now. Im waiting for my brake to come in but I think i might keep it brakeless unless im Dirtjumping.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012540
Mobile Version of Website