Powered by Outside

San diego riders?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
San diego riders?
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
dude I'll be there, I think I read somewhere they are meeting at 630??

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
AxionJaxon wrote:
driftrc wrote:
I haven't been yet... Would it be fun on a BMX?

Yeah man there's actually a good BMX following at the ride sometimes. I've done the ride on my Downhill bike which is damn near 50 pounds and I can still keep up with the pack pretty well. There are chicks on beach cruisers that make the whole ride, I've even seen a couple guys on unicycles do the entire thing!

The group can be as many as 1500+ people during the summer months, and it's usually about a 2 hour ride covering 10-20 miles though the streets of SD, usually downtown, northpark, point loma...

Everyone meets up at the big fountain by the natural history museum in Balboa Park at around 7pm or so on the last friday of every month. The group usually begins the ride at 8pm or so. I'm gonna go for sure so if anyone wants to meet up on friday let me know!
Do they do this all summer?.....Because If so I'm so down to go tear up the streets of SD on my suburban. Maybe bring along a couple of friends to.

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
Good times for sure, I always look forward to the last friday of the month!

people meet up early at the fountain to hang but the ride almost always leaves a little after 8pm.

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
AxionJaxon wrote:
Good times for sure, I always look forward to the last friday of the month!

people meet up early at the fountain to hang but the ride almost always leaves a little after 8pm.
im actually pretty pumped. maybe driftrc and i will do the ride

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
There are some videos of the ride on this page: http://www.myspace.com/criticalmassride

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
Ok I'm so going to that during the summer so long as I don't have work(Nvm I can go I thought it said 8 in the morning)....and I like the song on that myspace hahahaha

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 0:48 Quote
Actually, Jamisbowtech, I'll be at a sick concert rocking my brains out
Wink

Maybe next month for me.

This is two in a row screwed up for me... Last time it was my arm Frown

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 7:10 Quote
driftrc wrote:
Wink

Maybe next month for me.

haha we will be mobbin hard on saturday so its all good Smile

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
jamisbowtech wrote:
driftrc wrote:
Wink

Maybe next month for me.

haha we will be mobbin hard on saturday so its all good Smile
Where? I don't have any plans for saturday...

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
What are some good spots in escondido? And can somebody hook me up with the location in san marcos?

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
surfsd wrote:
What are some good spots in escondido? And can somebody hook me up with the location in san marcos?

theres citrus in esco which is shady and under trees and then theres woodward st. in san marcos thats all i know

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 21:41 Quote
djjumper wrote:
surfsd wrote:

theres citrus in esco which is shady and under trees and then theres woodward st. in san marcos thats all i know

Right on man thanks. Where is citrus? off the 78? Like on the way to wild animal park? I drove by a place and seen some down there today coming home from the wild animal park, then google mapped it and they didnt look that great on the satalite picture. Anybody riding tommorow? PM me im gonna ride around 1030 am.

Chris

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
dang ive been missing on this thread. can i come too?

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
Thisishowiroll wrote:
dang ive been missing on this thread. can i come too?
are you from SD?

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
surfsd wrote:
djjumper wrote:
surfsd wrote:

Right on man thanks. Where is citrus? off the 78? Like on the way to wild animal park? I drove by a place and seen some down there today coming home from the wild animal park, then google mapped it and they didnt look that great on the satalite picture. Anybody riding tommorow? PM me im gonna ride around 1030 am.

Chris

i probably cant ride tomorrow but the jumps are at the very end of citrus rd. on the right there will be a gate thats mostly likely open. its a good spot but no one digs so me and my friends are trying to build them up

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011947
Mobile Version of Website