What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
kieranm wrote:
i finally got my mum an dad to buy me a green demoltion front wheel set for 80 quid then when it came my mum went i thought you bought a green tyre then i said no then she said that was a waste an i was like WTF
Then i got my new bike (stolen sinner) wich is a brakeless bike and when my dad found out it had no brake he nearly started crying

lololololol, my parents dont mind me having no brakes they havent said anything about it, they dont mind me buying bike stuff as long as i kno im not getting ripped off etc, i pay for it all with my own money just so u know... also i just explain why i need diff bikes for different things and they understand (i think:P)

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
street-panda wrote:
kieranm wrote:
i finally got my mum an dad to buy me a green demoltion front wheel set for 80 quid then when it came my mum went i thought you bought a green tyre then i said no then she said that was a waste an i was like WTF
Then i got my new bike (stolen sinner) wich is a brakeless bike and when my dad found out it had no brake he nearly started crying

lololololol, my parents dont mind me having no brakes they havent said anything about it, they dont mind me buying bike stuff as long as i kno im not getting ripped off etc, i pay for it all with my own money just so u know... also i just explain why i need diff bikes for different things and they understand (i think:P)
LOL, my parents told me that if I ride brakeless they are gonna take my bike away Razz I hide my bike in my basement away from them.. Razz

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
street-panda wrote:
kieranm wrote:

I paid for all of my things for my bike cause they say they wont spend over 150 on my bike so i have to pay for it myslef

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
after reading all the pages, i guess i'm pretty lucky, my mom encourages me to buy parts and such, she has tried my dh bike and realized it's a b!tch to pedal and understands why i wanna build up a street bike, and my dad helps me build parts, brings me to the mountains, and bike shops, gets a bit mad somtimes but what do you expect, :p and when my dad thinks a part is to expensive, just cleares off the milling machine and lathe and we build our own parts hehe,

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
boolmv wrote:
after reading all the pages, i guess i'm pretty lucky, my mom encourages me to buy parts and such, she has tried my dh bike and realized it's a b!tch to pedal and understands why i wanna build up a street bike, and my dad helps me build parts, brings me to the mountains, and bike shops, gets a bit mad somtimes but what do you expect, :p and when my dad thinks a part is to expensive, just cleares off the milling machine and lathe and we build our own parts hehe,
I envy you.
haha.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:09 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
boolmv wrote:
I envy you.
haha.
awe hahah, :p

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
my dad wants me to put a bell on a trek session 77, i was like NO!!!!!!!!

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
My parents understand everything to do with me biking and biking in general.

They say I could be getting up to worse kind of things.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
crashin wrote:
My parents understand everything to do with me biking and biking in general.

They say I could be getting up to worse kind of things.
i wish mine were like that.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
i ended up cracking my old dh frame about 3 months ago on the headtube and down tube welds, my dad said that if it isnt broken dont replace it, and that means when i go off a drop the frame has to compleatly brake to get a new one risking broken bones

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
biggest reason is finance, this aint no cheap hobby admit it. i have to buy everthing from my own money, everything

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
"That's not a trail. That's just a bunch of sharp and pointy rocks."

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
traceur wrote:
"That's not a trail. That's just a bunch of sharp and pointy rocks."
haha.
we've all been there before too (:

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
My dad doesn't get why I want a bigger bar than 25" on my downhill bike.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
"how can a bike be so expensive if there is no motor"

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011458
Mobile Version of Website