PB Forum :: Canada - East
South Mississauga/Port credit riders?
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:52 Quote
brendan-chong wrote:
man0with0stick wrote:
brendan-chong wrote:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/36291.html

Guys this is our petition for the city.
I have been in contact with the city recently.
We are starting a peition requesting great overhauls.
Thanks!

First off, I want to say, I poo'd again tonight, and it also was awesome.

In more relevance, that is a pointless way to waste time, and it will get you nowhere.

The city of Mississauga made such parks as the "challenge park", which if you have ridden there, you will notice is for challenged people.

We had the city help us at the Clarkson rebuild day, long over a year ago.

This was the death of the jumps in Clarkson.

The city of Mississauga has standards, which limit the parameters and design of any stunts. If you would like to have jumps or trails of any value, find somewhere the city wont bother you, some butthole of the city. The city ruins anything which would be a liability to them, so even if they help you now by some miracle, they wont get you anywhere.

Now another route, is to build near the GTA border, or on Hydro line fields. These kinds of places are out of the city parks commissions hands.

I mean just do the math, if you get the city in, you get shity jumps, shity trails and any other denomination of shit you would like. On top of the city, you have vandals, kids, and nature to worry about, in the upkeep of the area.

If you build it yourself, with a good two dozen helpers, and take a weekend this month. You then only have the vandals and nature to worry about, as we don't tell kids how to find it, make it far to distant for them to get to, and remote.

alright mann so where do you sugguest to build then, down by the fields near the canada post office?

Which Canada post office? Are you talking about the oil flats? Where the old refinery used to be across from the credit landing?

Horrible place, it's still owned by Petro Canada, not to mention the soil is more a fine gravel, and cannot be packed into a jump... no...

We need forest.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:55 Quote
man0with0stick wrote:
brendan-chong wrote:
man0with0stick wrote:

First off, I want to say, I poo'd again tonight, and it also was awesome.

In more relevance, that is a pointless way to waste time, and it will get you nowhere.

The city of Mississauga made such parks as the "challenge park", which if you have ridden there, you will notice is for challenged people.

We had the city help us at the Clarkson rebuild day, long over a year ago.

This was the death of the jumps in Clarkson.

The city of Mississauga has standards, which limit the parameters and design of any stunts. If you would like to have jumps or trails of any value, find somewhere the city wont bother you, some butthole of the city. The city ruins anything which would be a liability to them, so even if they help you now by some miracle, they wont get you anywhere.

Now another route, is to build near the GTA border, or on Hydro line fields. These kinds of places are out of the city parks commissions hands.

I mean just do the math, if you get the city in, you get shity jumps, shity trails and any other denomination of shit you would like. On top of the city, you have vandals, kids, and nature to worry about, in the upkeep of the area.

If you build it yourself, with a good two dozen helpers, and take a weekend this month. You then only have the vandals and nature to worry about, as we don't tell kids how to find it, make it far to distant for them to get to, and remote.

alright mann so where do you sugguest to build then, down by the fields near the canada post office?

Which Canada post office? Are you talking about the oil flats? Where the old refinery used to be across from the credit landing?

Horrible place, it's still owned by Petro Canada, not to mention the soil is more a fine gravel, and cannot be packed into a jump... no...

We need forest.

Well im building in a forrest right now, but what forrest would be good
/

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
brendan-chong wrote:
man0with0stick wrote:
brendan-chong wrote:

We need forest.

Well im building in a forrest right now, but what forrest would be good
/

What forest? There's a forest down my street I used to have built up, just at Hurontario and the QEW. Until some kids and eventually the city ruined them, they worked great, and the forest is fair sized.

It's called Mary Fix, there is a main walking trail already, none of it is run by the city, and as long as there is no garbage, and we stay off the path already in there, nobody will complain to the city. There's more than enough forest for a run of decent jumps. I was even thinking of a small creek gap.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
ok Brendan, erin mills and 403, northeast corner. There is a massive forest, its beside the Old Folks home on Mississauga rode. just go in there and start building. its a fairly large forest, and no one goes there.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 21:18 Quote
anyone building stuff in Clarkson this year, just got into bmxing and im lookin for shit to do >

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 5:00 Quote
zoer wrote:
anyone building stuff in Clarkson this year, just got into bmxing and im lookin for shit to do >

Yup, every thursday night from 7:00-9:00 we work on the lips/ride.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 19:41 Quote
stickerman wrote:
Someone make an event page on facebook aswell. I can get atleast 6 of my friends to go.

Ey man
what would you think of like a dj comp. Just to get the word out about helping challenge. Like we can go fix up their jumps one day. and then do a comp or jam the next

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
are there even jumps at challenge park now?

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 4:53 Quote
tyler-durden wrote:
are there even jumps at challenge park now?

you can tell that they "were" jumps. they have shrunk (like 3 feet high) and the lips are terrible. basically just take 3 of clarkson's smallest worst jumps add some stupid tall grass and a slight uphill inrun and you have challenge park.

Posted: May 18, 2010 at 4:54 Quote
brendan-chong wrote:
stickerman wrote:
Someone make an event page on facebook aswell. I can get atleast 6 of my friends to go.

Ey man
what would you think of like a dj comp. Just to get the word out about helping challenge. Like we can go fix up their jumps one day. and then do a comp or jam the next

it woulden't be worth it to have it at challenge park. only three jumps gets boring. but i would be down if it was on the larger side at clarkson.

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 4:50 Quote
Good news i guess. the city has finally decided to re build clarkson dirtjumps. its gonna be a build day on may 29th (saturday). there will be a BBQ and all of that so come out and help.

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 8:39 Quote
stickerman wrote:
Good news i guess. the city has finally decided to re build clarkson dirtjumps. its gonna be a build day on may 29th (saturday). there will be a BBQ and all of that so come out and help.

Been done before. City makes shit jumps.

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 11:54 Quote
man0with0stick wrote:
stickerman wrote:

yea man i hear ya. try and come out and help though. they need the volunteer work to pack and shape the jumps. im gonna be there

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 12:06 Quote
stickerman wrote:
man0with0stick wrote:
stickerman wrote:

yea man i hear ya. try and come out and help though. they need the volunteer work to pack and shape the jumps. im gonna be there

i might go. depends whats going on, and how my own little trail turns out. if the city decides on my ideas for challenge ill go there instead tho. its alot closer

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 21:03 Quote
DH riders in south mississauga/ PC- found a new spot near Gordon woods, north of mineola and just near queensway and hurontario. couple short hills with some good potential. will be developing over the summer with people.

ill post dates to help build for those interested.

see you all at blue hopefully.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016265
Mobile Version of Website