Mongoose Fireball

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Mongoose Fireball
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
here

and there a good all round tyre.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
mattpc wrote:
Are they the best tyre maker for a jump bike then?
Urm well theres like 4 main tyre makers: schwalbe, kenda, bontrager and maxxis. I like maxxis, but they don't just make jump bike tyres, check the product section and go on tyres any u can get an idea of what ther is Smile

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
marquis wrote:
here

Good all rounder but wouldnt it be too slow rolling for dj?

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
davvi wrote:
marquis wrote:
here

Good all rounder but wouldnt it be too slow rolling for dj?

just add more air pressure to aid in the rolling resistance.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
will be shit for park and street

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
TaylorBarr wrote:

there was once a time that any tyre would do the trick,it seems you kids have no balls or backbone anymore.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
TaylorBarr wrote:

there was once a time that any tyre would do the trick,it seems you kids have no balls or backbone anymore.
No its just why get a really grippy tire for dj and light bike rides. Once saw a thread with a guy asking if swamp things were good for dj. Pointless, and a waste of energy, if your gonna get new tires you may as well get decent ones that will suit ur riding style

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
davvi wrote:
marquis wrote:
TaylorBarr wrote:

No its just why get a really grippy tire for dj and light bike rides. Once saw a thread with a guy asking if swamp things were good for dj. Pointless, and a waste of energy, if your gonna get new tires you may as well get decent ones that will suit ur riding style

but then your stuck to one certain type of riding unless you fancy some sideways action on your slicks.Salute

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
Yeahh man Marquis. Back on bmx i used ringworms for dirt street and park stuff. Now i just have my holy rollers on my Jump bike. I dont get why everyone thinks tyre is super important when your just riding for fun. Of course it should be thought about but Its not like these people need to worry about shaving fractions of seconds off there time doing dh racing.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
Yeahh man Marquis. Back on bmx i used ringworms for dirt street and park stuff. Now i just have my holy rollers on my Jump bike. I dont get why everyone thinks tyre is super important when your just riding for fun. Of course it should be thought about but Its not like these people need to worry about shaving fractions of seconds off there time doing dh racing.

image plays a bigger part nowadays.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
marquis wrote:
davvi wrote:
marquis wrote:

but then your stuck to one certain type of riding unless you fancy some sideways action on your slicks.Salute
I used to think that having really chunky tires was better than having smoother ones, and that it wasn't worth sacrificing the grip but then when i got my jump bike i noticed a real difference in speed, and with hardly any decrease in grip.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
^^^ see to a cetain extent i agree that having the right tools for the job makes sesne but like stated above its a starter bike.

learning will make more difference than any upgrade or option part.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
Do you have to upgrade the sprockets and cranks?

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 8:19 Quote
ride and repeat until something busts/wears out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011379
Mobile Version of Website