Powered by Outside

Post your Transition TR450 OR TR500

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post your Transition TR450 OR TR500
Posted: Dec 7, 2013 at 9:10 Quote
xetal wrote:
No hype around the TR500 yet ? Whos getting one ? XL now !!!

TR500 specs

TR500
I've got plenty of hype but I'm not sharing any. Too excited!

On a more serious not, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be getting one. Whoever does will not be disappointed though!

Posted: Dec 7, 2013 at 10:57 Quote
cubsrtbest99 wrote:
xetal wrote:
No hype around the TR500 yet ? Whos getting one ? XL now !!!

TR500 specs

TR500
I've got plenty of hype but I'm not sharing any. Too excited!

On a more serious not, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be getting one. Whoever does will not be disappointed though!

I think they look terrible and Tr. is wrecking the theme of the build with adjustable travel. ridiculous. i hate it.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 11:15 Quote
I just got her all built up and a shake down run. All I can say is single pivot is where its at. Now to start saving for the new fox 40 float.
photo

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 12:48 Quote
GrtSaint72 wrote:
I just got her all built up and a shake down run. All I can say is single pivot is where its at. Now to start saving for the new fox 40 float.
photo

photo

photo

Nice build, looks great! are you running the stock geo chips?

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 13:06 Quote
I am running all the center ones right now. I might start playing with them shortly. I felt so comfortable on it out of the box, I almost don't want to mess with it. Do you have any recommendations for which chips I should try next?

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 13:38 Quote
How is the single crown with the 450?

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 14:51 Quote
jamesbeck wrote:
How is the single crown with the 450?

To be honest I wouldn't know the difference between a dual crown and single crown. On the first ride it did feel very comfortable. It felt like I had been riding the bike for years. I dunno if that is because of the fork or just the geo of the frame. Once I save up enough and get a 40 Ill know better.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
GrtSaint72 wrote:
I am running all the center ones right now. I might start playing with them shortly. I felt so comfortable on it out of the box, I almost don't want to mess with it. Do you have any recommendations for which chips I should try next?

I have always run mine in slack mode. Since I got the 2013 frame, I've played with the chainstay length until i decided that the middle chip is the only decent length. I even went as far with the slackened out bike to buy an Angleset to slacken it another 1 degree. So i'm running the slack, low BB geo chip, and the middle chainstay chips. I love it like this, and its still super playful.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
Hey guys
I'm 185cm (6'0~6'1) and can't decide size between M and L.
Need your advice, thank Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 10:43 Quote
I'm 6'1 and I rode a large and loved it. But I have a motocross background so it felt more natural to me. If you like small bikes go for a medium if you like longer bikes. Large for sure.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
Id say go for a large. I'm 175cm and based off of the geo of other bikes I've rode, I'd even consider a large.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 10:58 Quote
Go large. I'm on the cusp of a small/medium and wish I had sizes up. The bikes run small

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
Large. my friends who are both a lot shorter than me rode my large 450 and felt at home. im 6'1" and its almost too small

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 12:48 Quote
I'm 5'10" and I ride a large. I also come from a moto background and I sized up for comfort. I like riding larger bikes and my large feels more like a medium on other manufacturers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022747
Mobile Version of Website