Powered by Outside

Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome
Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
You'll probably end up in the positives if you sell your coaster. They sell comparatively high used.

Posted: Oct 13, 2013 at 12:36 Quote
Ha ha, I'm all about doing things different!

Oops, was commenting on the guy who said to ride backwards.

Anyway, yeah, I have talked it over with the LBS and we are going to swap her out with a cassette and he will either take the freecoaster in trade or will sell it for me. We have a skate park, so maybe some park kid will want it. It actually comes with both 9 and 11t drivers. Should that up the price any?

Posted: Oct 14, 2013 at 14:57 Quote
I appreciate the help, fellas. Took the bike to my LBS, this morning. The owner was looking for a new freecoaster hub for his bike, so he is getting me a new cassette in trade for the Alienation. He will be rebuilding my wheel, for me, so no worries, for me. What a great shop!

Posted: Oct 22, 2013 at 7:55 Quote
Good call making the swap. A freecoaster would be the absolute worse decision to use for racing. Even if you removed as much slack as possible you'd destroy the internals torquing on it so hard and you wouldn't be able to properly snap out of the gate.

Posted: Oct 22, 2013 at 18:45 Quote
Thanks. Seemed the right thing to do, from all the info I was receiving.

Posted: Oct 30, 2013 at 21:32 Quote
Has anybody got their hands on the Ezra freecoaster yet? I saw it and I think I'm hooked on the idea. Just need moneys!

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 1:31 Quote
gabewalters wrote:
Has anybody got their hands on the Ezra freecoaster yet? I saw it and I think I'm hooked on the idea. Just need moneys!

I have one

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 6:32 Quote
sj99 wrote:
gabewalters wrote:

I have one

How is it holding up? Is it worth it should I look into a federal or something?

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 14:24 Quote
Yes it does skip, wait for the cult it's gunna be the best yet, federal always seem to blow out.

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 17:35 Quote
Same federal v2 hub for nearly 3 years, only problem was cracked driver.

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 17:38 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:

im not saying all federals but the new ones have been the worst to date, problems from the get go, but there still a good coaster

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
I hate freecoasters, but my Alienation Rush worked fine.

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 18:02 Quote
I love freecoaster, way more than cassette. It just feels more natural to me.

Posted: Nov 1, 2013 at 0:21 Quote
sj99 wrote:
newfie-rides wrote:

im not saying all federals but the new ones have been the worst to date, problems from the get go, but there still a good coaster

my first v3 , the main DS hub bearing collapsed , the second has been faultless for nearly 4 month of constant use for work and back .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014976
Mobile Version of Website