Powered by Outside

Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 16:52 Quote
The 2 hr limit stopped you? Just park a few blocks down the hill on a side street, there is no time limit.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 20:13 Quote
lennyandcarl wrote:
The 2 hr limit stopped you? Just park a few blocks down the hill on a side street, there is no time limit.

Then there's an even longer climb up. I have a bad back and ankle so the less climbing, the better. I can only go so far until my back pain becomes too much.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 21:34 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
lennyandcarl wrote:

Then there's an even longer climb up. I have a bad back and ankle so the less climbing, the better. I can only go so far until my back pain becomes too much.
You could park at the bottom and hop on the upper Lynn valley bus which takes you maybe 200m away from the first gate. But I guess the upper half of Fromme will be snowed out in a few months anyway so you probably won't ride it as much before the new parking lot is built

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 23:44 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
lennyandcarl wrote:

You could park at the bottom and hop on the upper Lynn valley bus which takes you maybe 200m away from the first gate. But I guess the upper half of Fromme will be snowed out in a few months anyway so you probably won't ride it as much before the new parking lot is built
Does it Snow alot in Vancouver?are cypress,fromme and Seymour covered in Snow?just asking As i Might do a Exchange Year there

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 5:14 Quote
Yt-shredder wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Does it Snow alot in Vancouver?are cypress,fromme and Seymour covered in Snow?just asking As i Might do a Exchange Year there
No, even when it does snow, everything is still rideable.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
Yt-shredder wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:

No, even when it does snow, everything is still rideable.
some trails at higher elevations like CBC, seventh secret, upper oil can, etc. are under 2+ feet of show from like December to March. A lot of the lower trails are good year round

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 22:28 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
lennyandcarl wrote:

Ya I have thought of doing that but it's just a hassle having to park then take a bus. I live just 10 mins away from watershed park in surrey so I do most of my riding there. It's a lot of fun, nowhere near as technical as the shore but I still enjoy it. Definitely can't wait to hit up fromme next season.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 23:45 Quote
The 2 hour limit is not strictly enforced near upper Mountain Highway. Had many 3-4 hour days there over the last 9 months and never a ticket. Pretty sure DNV focuses on ticketing non-permit vehicles on the permit-only streets. /knock on wood.

Rode Pipeline on Sunday for the first time. Definitely humbling after only riding Expresso and 7th->Crinkum->Griffin. Really well built trail though and lots of wood to work on. Nice thing is that everything is doable for my skill level, just need to commit to it! Good step up in difficulty.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 0:03 Quote
My friend is fairly new to mountain biking and she rides fromme, mostly floppy and bobsled and she's wondering what other trails she should try? I recommended the new espresso but is there anything else?

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 6:52 Quote
[Quote="shoby1998"]My friend is fairly new to mountain biking and she rides fromme, mostly floppy and bobsled and she's wondering what other trails she should try? I recommended the new espresso but is there anything else

Take a friend NEVER ride alone. Leopard, crinkum crinkum is a medium step up. Then do seventh and tie all those together.

A visiting rider from Colorado died on pipeline 2 years ago while riding by himself. (Crashed off one of the wood structures broke his neck) He was found by a group of joggers (also not locals) which made for a very confusing 911 call. The guys wife and new baby were driving the roads around to all the possible outlet points while fire department, ambulance and SAR were going past her to find him... Can you imagine how that would feel? Ride with a friend!

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
[Quote="erikwyattatmedotcom"]
shoby1998 wrote:
My friend is fairly new to mountain biking and she rides fromme, mostly floppy and bobsled and she's wondering what other trails she should try? I recommended the new espresso but is there anything else

Take a friend NEVER ride alone. Leopard, crinkum crinkum is a medium step up. Then do seventh and tie all those together.

A visiting rider from Colorado died on pipeline 2 years ago while riding by himself. (Crashed off one of the wood structures broke his neck) He was found by a group of joggers (also not locals) which made for a very confusing 911 call. The guys wife and new baby were driving the roads around to all the possible outlet points while fire department, ambulance and SAR were going past her to find him... Can you imagine how that would feel? Ride with a friend!
+1

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 15:50 Quote
[Quote="erikwyattatmedotcom"]
shoby1998 wrote:
My friend is fairly new to mountain biking and she rides fromme, mostly floppy and bobsled and she's wondering what other trails she should try? I recommended the new espresso but is there anything else

I definitely agree an live by the always ride with a buddy rule! She has a riding group with other girls she always rides with so she was just wondering what some other trails they could try were.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 16:50 Quote
shoby1998 wrote:
My friend is fairly new to mountain biking and she rides fromme, mostly floppy and bobsled and she's wondering what other trails she should try? I recommended the new espresso but is there anything else?

You can always do King of the Shore and roadside attraction, along with all the different parts of Griffin

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 20:40 Quote
I pretty much always ride alone. None of my friends are willing to pedal/hike (they all ride full blown downhill rigs) and only do the bike park. I always tell my fiance exactly where I'll be and I don't do anything beyond my skill level so only blue runs. I don't ride skinnies or other obstacles. When I have people to ride with I get a little more adventurous I have wiped out many times by myself but minor falls..

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 20:42 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I pretty much always ride alone. None of my friends are willing to pedal/hike (they all ride full blown downhill rigs) and only do the bike park. I always tell my fiance exactly where I'll be and I don't do anything beyond my skill level so only blue runs. I don't ride skinnies or other obstacles. When I have people to ride with I get a little more adventurous I have wiped out many times by myself but minor falls..
Give me a shout when you want to ride. I ride everything. I'll PM you my name and number.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011921
Mobile Version of Website