Powered by Outside

Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:20 Quote
This one is for me:

Want to build a custom pc-never done it before.

Help.

All I know is it's going to be used for full length (1hr+video editing)

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
werent you getting a macbook? Razz

and how much you spending? if you are doing long tasks, then a hex-core phenom at £150 is pretty attractive Razz

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
atmos-fair wrote:
werent you getting a macbook? Razz

and how much you spending? if you are doing long tasks, then a hex-core phenom at £150 is pretty attractive Razz

Im deciding that my current laptop is sufficient.

I was looking, as a processor at the amd phenom ll x6 3.3ghz (highest amd processor)

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
fair enough, and yeah not that i have any experience with the X6, amd definately have an amazing price to performance ratio

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:30 Quote
atmos-fair wrote:
fair enough, and yeah not that i have any experience with the X6, amd definately have an amazing price to performance ratio

Do you have much experience with building them?

I don't even know where to get a case...

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:37 Quote
built a couple, including mine, i buy parts off amazon.co.uk - theres easily people here with more experience than me Razz

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
Need a list of what is needed...I don't have a clue...lol.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
Intel processors and chipsets are much better for media than AMDs though....I won't bother to dig up the links detailing the specifics but you can google it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:42 Quote
ShastaOutdoorMedia wrote:
Intel processors and chipsets are much better for media than AMDs though....I won't bother to dig up the links detailing the specifics but you can google it.

how come? And yeah intel definately have the better chipsets

case
motherboard
power supply
hard drive
graphics card (if applicable)
ram
processor
dvd drive

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:43 Quote

Intel better, hmm, i7 looks statistically slower than the amd?

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:45 Quote
atmos-fair wrote:

how come? And yeah intel definately have the better chipsets

case
motherboard
power supply
hard drive
graphics card (if applicable)
ram
processor
dvd drive

That's...it?

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:56 Quote
Is frequency everything though? I have mine at 2.1Ghz, faster than my mates toshiba @ 2.8Ghz, but for graphical stuff mine is slower because of the shitty graphics... he has some high end ATI, I have a low end of the low end SIS..

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:59 Quote
amando96 wrote:
Is frequency everything though? I have mine at 2.1Ghz, faster than my mates toshiba @ 2.8Ghz, but for graphical stuff mine is slower because of the shitty graphics... he has some high end ATI, I have a low end of the low end SIS..

Not EVERYTHING, but mostly everything. Clock speed is just how many instructions (actually just discrete electrical pulses) can be processed per second. So if you go too fast, stuff starts heating up too much and the pulses start blending together, etc.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 15:02 Quote
amando96 wrote:

Not EVERYTHING, but mostly everything. Clock speed is just how many instructions (actually just discrete electrical pulses) can be processed per second. So if you go too fast, stuff starts heating up too much and the pulses start blending together, etc.

i generally look at L2/L3 cache, and cores. if its been 2.8ghz and 3.2ghz, its fine Razz

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 15:03 Quote
So any help?

Cases/compatibility...anything?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019379
Mobile Version of Website