Powered by Outside

Cyclists- Rant about your experiences with motorists!!

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Cyclists- Rant about your experiences with motorists!!
Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 11:21 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Bit of a grave dig on the thread, but this man must be pissed off.

[YT=www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w]

Just shows an average ride around London is full of idiots.

All i can say is f*ck to riding on the road.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Because...

Authoritah deserves no respect. compare UK casualty rates of cyclists killed by motorists every year to the casualty rates due to terrorism.....authority could do a much better job of protecting rights and liberty by launching a war on dangerous drivers than they possibly could with their war on terror...but hey, what do facts have with reality....

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 11:29 Quote
dazem wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
Because...

Authoritah deserves no respect. compare UK casualty rates of cyclists killed by motorists every year to the casualty rates due to terrorism.....authority could do a much better job of protecting rights and liberty by launching a war on dangerous drivers than they possibly could with their war on terror...but hey, what do facts have with reality....

In the uk they are actively trying to encourage you to cycle to work,until the governement provide more safer riding spots then pffft stick with your metal box it seems safer.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 15:53 Quote
dazem wrote:

The police here do clamp down on erratic drivers and the like. The thing which give a police officer the right over a citizen is because the officer knows as much as a citizen that he/she has authority due to wearing a police badge. Simple as that. For example, when I see people who drive tuned Subaru Imprezas like race cars, they suddenly drive without fault when there's a cop car behind them/in their view because they know the police can pull them for any reason/mistake they could make.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:21 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
dazem wrote:

The police here do clamp down on erratic drivers and the like. The thing which give a police officer the right over a citizen is because the officer knows as much as a citizen that he/she has authority due to wearing a police badge. Simple as that. For example, when I see people who drive tuned Subaru Imprezas like race cars, they suddenly drive without fault when there's a cop car behind them/in their view because they know the police can pull them for any reason/mistake they could make.
so the same video evidence that would be used to prosecute those same drivers if it were a police officer filming, -are no longer applicable when a citizens life is endangered instead? The officer`s life is more valuable than mine or yours simply because we do not carry a badge? does anyone not see the hypocrisy?

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:36 Quote
No me who makes the rules or makes people act the way they do. When I got pissed for being stopped and searched for the 10th time, the cops went all shitty and they started be authoritative by saying 'one more time and you'll be arrested under the public order act.'

Not sure what the Canadian police are like, but here they act like they can say and do anything to you, yet not vice versa.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:49 Quote
Dazem - This is what the police are like in the U.K.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:51 Quote
to them a car cutting up a cyclist, or do a illegal/dangerous overtake, is just a little mistake by the driver, they wont do anything about it, even if that cyclist life was in danger, they don't even realize

Edit: typical police ^

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:55 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
No me who makes the rules or makes people act the way they do. When I got pissed for being stopped and searched for the 10th time, the cops went all shitty and they started be authoritative by saying 'one more time and you'll be arrested under the public order act.'

Not sure what the Canadian police are like, but here they act like they can say and do anything to you, yet not vice versa.
Sounds allot like arbitrary search and seizure, I believe its the same in every nation in the UN, The Nazi`s did the same thing `"ze paperz pleaze"...they have to know your not terrorist (jew/comunist in Nazi europe) ....aint it great to live in a free country? The police State is getting crazy, I`m getting the hell out and moving to a third world country in 3weeks...
Back on topic, the drivers in that video should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

(or shot lol)

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:57 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Dazem - This is what the police are like in the U.K.

snip
I have actually seen that exact vid, as well as many others, I am very well versed in current state authoritarianism

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 16:59 Quote
be nice to see them at least fined or points on there license, so then it turns into a serious isue

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 17:02 Quote
dazem wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:

Sounds allot like arbitrary search and seizure, I believe its the same in every nation in the UN, The Nazi`s did the same thing `"ze paperz pleaze"...they have to know your not terrorist (jew/comunist in Nazi europe) ....aint it great to live in a free country? The police State is getting crazy, I`m getting the hell out and moving to a third world country in 3weeks...
Back on topic, the drivers in that video should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

I hope I don't look like a feckin terrorist Eek

photo

But yeah I know they stopped me and explained once (when I wasn't on my bike) that I was in an area which had a lot of burglaries.

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 21:04 Quote
Not me, but watch this.

Eek

Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 21:11 Quote
shit

but why didn't he just move out the way?

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 9:14 Quote
never-stop wrote:
shit

but why didn't he just move out the way?

We have more right to be on the roads than cars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011106
Mobile Version of Website