Abandoned project thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Abandoned project thread
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 15:17 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
sand blast the shit of that frame, then galvanize it, should end prime

Thats the plan dude!

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 18:28 Quote
Id also spray it with some bedliner, and if your a rust preventive freak, old motor oil and kerosene

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 18:36 Quote
I was contemplating on getting it sprayed or doing it myself with old oil something like 15w40 old diesel oil cause its thicker than elephant shit.

I'm going to get the bed rhyno-lined or linex'd aswell

Anyone have any ideas (going along with my "aftermarket" frame support ideas), how do I to the best of my ability reduce frame twisting from such a high torque motor?

I was planning on making custom braces for the truck to withstand the extra torque from the motor...how would I best go about that route? Square tube? X-braces? hmm...any opinions?

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 19:58 Quote
box it in, fish plate it..

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 21:20 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
box it in, fish plate it...

What does that mean? Could you please explain, not familiar with the term here. Thanks

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 23:22 Quote
just the way the plate looks. You want to avoid any "V"..

To bad you werent making a wheeler, than u could just 4 link and have no rear half of the frame..

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 8:37 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
just the way the plate looks. You want to avoid any "V"..

To bad you werent making a wheeler, than u could just 4 link and have no rear half of the frame..

Just found out that Google Images is my friend hahahahaha

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 17:32 Quote
Girlfriend and I went to go see a house last night, put an offer in and they have accepted. Truck progress might be on hold for a bit as we need 12,000 for a down payment Cry

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 21:09 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
Girlfriend and I went to go see a house last night, put an offer in and they have accepted. Truck progress might be on hold for a bit as we need 12,000 for a down payment Cry

dude youre so f*ckimg lcuky, congrats on the house man im sure you guys will make her into a great first hone. parndon my spellign im drnuk ish.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 21:10 Quote
wish i could joina ya but tha beetch cheated on em for months, kk night time

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 21:22 Quote
Colin994 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

dude youre so f*ckimg lcuky, congrats on the house man im sure you guys will make her into a great first hone. parndon my spellign im drnuk ish.
I think your a bit past that. lol

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 21:24 Quote
bordom wrote:
Colin994 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

I think your a bit past that. lol

omit the ish nad you g ot yourself a deal.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 21:25 Quote
atcually though i need bed time. the spuerlite nesesis came tonight soo ill post pcitures tomoreow. its so f*cking dope.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054947
Mobile Version of Website