Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
to say the d3 is available and ready to buy surely they should of released all this incredible information to the public?

really dude just because it costs 500 euros does not make it anything special

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:34 Quote
stryke wrote:
to say the d3 is available and ready to buy surely they should of released all this incredible information to the public?

Eek just done a search and it's 450 quid on crc for the carbon,who in there right mind is gonna pay that.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:34 Quote
like i said, the price is pretty special

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
stryke wrote:

I agree completely that the price is ridiculous, and the technology that they are using does not in any way justify the price, but is instead is a small improvement that we will see go through the whole industry. I dont know when they will release it...who knows...

Who has 500 to spend on a helmet when you can get a full carbon 661 for 180?

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
id buy the poc helmet which will last for more then 1 crash! multi impact is ground breaking, flashy graphics is not!

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
stryke wrote:
id buy the poc helmet which will last for more then 1 crash! multi impact is ground breaking, flashy graphics is not!

The one reservation i have with POC is the characteristics of the EPP foam. The coefficient of restitution (the way in which the foam compresses upon impact) is not as favorable as EPS. EPP actually starts to rebound right after it has been compressed which can increase the severity of the impact. From what i know POC uses a treated EPP, which may reduce this, but im not sure.
To be honest, POCs graphics are pretty snazzy if you ask me.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:55 Quote
To be honest the POC cost more than the D3Wink ,the local POC dealer here has them for 550 euro.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:01 Quote
550..? Dude, your getting robbed. You can get them for 430 off CRC....

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
fantaman wrote:
To be honest the POC cost more than the D3Wink ,the local POC dealer here has them for 550 euro.

But you dont have to replace them as often...

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
550..? Dude, your getting robbed. You can get them for 430 off CRC....

The gap between a lbs vs Online is alway's big,that's a difirence of 120 euro.Their goggle's retail for arround 200 euro at the POC dealer witch is 30 euro more than on CRC.

Makes sence that the POC stuff is more expensive than the TLD stuff.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:10 Quote
I can get them for 430 and D3s for 496 on CRC. Different countries, I suppose...

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 6:10 Quote
stryke wrote:

you cannot be this gullible. one hit/bang/drop or 5 years of use and you should replace any lid.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 7:09 Quote
I drop my helmet every so often. f*ck replacing after every one.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
harriieee wrote:

how much does a helmet cost; now compare that to the time and money spent on you education be it academic or day to day life.

looking at it that way even a D3 is a small investment almost insignificant

but heck once a vegetable you won't lament poor choices anymore anyway

ps what colour bibs do you want for your dribble

(but harsh but i hope it emphasizes my argument)

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
Keit wrote:
harriieee wrote:

how much does a helmet cost; now compare that to the time and money spent on you education be it academic or day to day life.

looking at it that way even a D3 is a small investment almost insignificant

but heck once a vegetable you won't lament poor choices anymore anyway

ps what colour bibs do you want for your dribble

(but harsh but i hope it emphasizes my argument)

agreed but a giro remedy is more than enough.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009461
Mobile Version of Website