Powered by Outside

Any Eastern26 riders out there?

PB Forum :: Other
Any Eastern26 riders out there?
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
i wish my frame didnt crack :'( i LOVED IT TO DEATH! such a fun ride, even though my skills dont match it's awesomeness

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
Medusa Lite is crap, I saw a guy tear one just like that doing a fufanu. It was ridiculous.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
luli79 wrote:
I was wondering if there were any Slash riders out there? I would like your input on your whips! I just purchased one and was wondering if there was anything you liked or disliked about the bike.

Later - Nate

I had a slash 7 for like 3 weeks, It road well till it came to drops, then the rear wheel would hit the seat, I raised the seat, and it hit the frame, so I traded to buddy for a Fly, that I traded for Dirt Bag.

Good bike, but needs to be rethought out.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
freeride-shawn wrote:
I had a slash 7 for like 3 weeks, It road well till it came to drops, then the rear wheel would hit the seat, I raised the seat, and it hit the frame, so I traded to buddy for a Fly, that I traded for Dirt Bag.

Good bike, but needs to be rethought out.

They quit making them due to some kind of defect with the swingarm. No more Slashes.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 5:10 Quote
Hmmm, there is an interesting tid bit of information. Didn't know that, thanks.tup

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
i was gunna buy myself a dj 4 frame, but b/c no one has any geo on it, anywhere, screw it. i'm going with something i know. maybe a betty in the future.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
they don't have info on it because they stopped making it and replaced it with their black betty.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
cupovjoe wrote:
they don't have info on it because they stopped making it and replaced it with their black betty.
i'm sorry but i doubt that.
i've been looking for geo on that frame for over a year, and even before the black betty came out too, when i started biking, and could never find any info on it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:00 Quote
My friend got his night train painted green, I still have mine the original color. Just got a new traildigger but I traded it today for a new set of freeride wheels for my trail bike.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 at 23:15 Quote
heyy guys i was planning on getting a eastern thunderbird or a eastern mad dog
if any one has some advice of these bikes would really appricate it

thanksBeer

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 at 23:20 Quote
bmxkid96 wrote:

thanksBeer

DO NOT get the TB or mad dog. Just go all out and get the nighttrain....Why? because you'll be upgrading basically every part till it matches the NT anyways. That i know from experiance lol . Plus the new NT looks pretty sweet and it's a great deal like always. Personally i'm waiting on the new black betty.... might be time for me to crack another frame Razz

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 at 23:30 Quote
lexx wrote:
bmxkid96 wrote:

thanksBeer

DO NOT get the TB or mad dog. Just go all out and get the nighttrain....Why? because you'll be upgrading basically every part till it matches the NT anyways. That i know from experiance lol . Plus the new NT looks pretty sweet and it's a great deal like always. Personally i'm waiting on the new black betty.... might be time for me to crack another frame Razz
arrk thanks mate its just that its my first mtb from bmx so i dont wanna go spending loads if i dont like it as much as bmx but yea thx buddy

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 at 23:42 Quote
well than the thunderbird is fine because it still has a full chromoly frame. DO NOT go for the mad dog since it has some hi tensile tubing i would not choose that bike for safety reasons and money reasons. With a full chromoly bike you could just upgrade from there, never changing the frame! Well good luck and be sure to post up some pics your new ride if u get it tup

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 at 23:43 Quote
ok will do hopefully get it in a week or so
thx for the helpBig Grin

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 19:02 Quote
Hey, anyone the know how tall the head tube on the slash is? My buddy needs a fork for his and I may have a fork for him, just not sure if a 7.5 steer tube is long enough, and it's been few years now that I got ride of mine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014649
Mobile Version of Website