Powered by Outside

To skid or not to skid.

PB Forum :: Downhill
To skid or not to skid.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
I think skidding is bad. It is increbably destructive to single track and to trails.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
t3kman wrote:
I think skidding is bad. It is increbably destructive to single track and to trails.

Destructive or creative?

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
sammyboy2038 wrote:
well i never said you had to use your brakes to skid

if you're not using brakes to break traction then you are drifting, skidding implies a locked up wheel.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
t3kman wrote:

Destructive or creative?

Destructive. Literally tares trails apart.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
maybe on pavement in case of emergency, but otherwise, such as on a trail or at a dj track, no its just pointless and destructive, iv seen many local builders absolutely freak over someone skidding on there djs at the end of a run...so yea not too skid!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
t3kman wrote:

Destructive or creative?

I see it as constructive on local natural trails, I hate it when people patch it up. Ruts and bumps make the trail grow and develop, makes you concentrate more.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Destructive or creative?

I see it as constructive on local natural trails, I hate it when people patch it up. Ruts and bumps make the trail grow and develop, makes you concentrate more.

I can SORT OF understand it when you're first building a trail, tare some grass and shite out of the way, but after that, it's not creative, unless you call destroying things creative.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I can SORT OF understand it when you're first building a trail, tare some grass and shite out of the way, but after that, it's not creative, unless you call destroying things creative.

Do you guys get 'top gear' over there? LOL!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Youtube is international. xD

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:

You can't say their destructive tendencies aren't creative!!!

Anyway, I think this may be a big-pond divide? Round us its only the groomed bikepark trails or fast sweepy trails that are looked after and kept smooth. Anything tech/natural and people rip it up by riding, and love it. Does that not happen in US/Cad?

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

You can't say their destructive tendencies aren't creative!!!

Anyway, I think this may be a big-pond divide? Round us its only the groomed bikepark trails or fast sweepy trails that are looked after and kept smooth. Anything tech/natural and people rip it up by riding, and love it. Does that not happen in US/Cad?

It happens, but when we make natural trails, at least where I'm from, we expose the natural part. Unearth roots, add rocks, etc. Yeah, it's still manmade, but it's natural style.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Hey isnt that what modern art is? Razz

All you guys have valuable points though I can imagine this argument will last for a while!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
jallan wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Hey isnt that what modern art is? Razz

All you guys have valuable points though I can imagine this argument will last for a while!

Yeah, but avante garde is ugly...

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
sammyboy2038 wrote:
thatguydave wrote:
If you are skidding you have that much less control over your bike... I only skid as a last resort to regain control...
That doesn't make much sense

ahh, i just reread it and saw the contradiction.

Think about it... I am about to loose control but as a last resort to regain control, I lock up my rear wheel. How else shall I put it so it's clear?

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
haha.. skidding.
when i was like 6 years old. i thought i was so cool.. because i would race down my street, then i would hit the brakes and do a skidding turn..
but then i realized that it ate away my tires. so i stopped. but the child in me still wants to do it Razz

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010481
Mobile Version of Website