Powered by Outside

One Ghost Industries 2009 Katana L.S. frame revealed!

PB Forum :: Downhill
One Ghost Industries 2009 Katana L.S. frame revealed!
O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
nishnash wrote:
THAT is very remiscient (sp?) of VPP. Still nicer tho. VF4P (banshee legend style) cross with VPP

Not VPP, as it has counter rotating links. Banshee yes, It is just standard parrallel links I THINK.
That confused me...
and as for Parallel linkage i THINK it means links that have a parallel path in rotation. Just from this

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
nishnash wrote:
ciszewski wrote:
nishnash wrote:
THAT is very remiscient (sp?) of VPP. Still nicer tho. VF4P (banshee legend style) cross with VPP

Not VPP, as it has counter rotating links. Banshee yes, It is just standard parrallel links I THINK.
That confused me...
and as for Parallel linkage i THINK it means links that have a parallel path in rotation. Just from this

I can't talk about the design any further without giving away the recipe to the sauce. you guys are all pretty close though.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
I'm assuming that it is a parallel linkage system that pulls the shock inwards as you pedals forward making it pedal like a road bike, but when you hit the Dh coarse it takes the bumps like no other? the floating shock probable has something to do with it.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
oneghost wrote:
nishnash wrote:
ciszewski wrote:

That confused me...

I can't talk about the design any further without giving away the recipe to the sauce. you guys are all pretty close though.
hahaha k. i THINK i figured it out...
k, its a floating shock VPP-Style system (parallel links). The shock is mounted to the upper pivot which moves upwards a the bottom pivot rotates above the BB and pivots on the chain stay which is BELOW the BB. And judging by the fact that 3 pivots wont work, it has one where the seatstay meets the upper link.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
oneghost wrote:
Jailbreak Facepalm
i take the jail break as the fact that i figured out your patent pending system?

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
no, just close. you are a smart one for sure. you must do good in math in school when you are not drawing bikes on your homework!

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
oneghost wrote:
no, just close. you are a smart one for sure. you must do good in math in school when you are not drawing bikes on your homework!
I'm getting 65.3%..... but thats due to teh fact that im always on PB and i called the teacher a douche bag once (to his face, he said i couldnt write a test when these ass's in my class took my pens and he admited to seeing them do it)

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
oneghost wrote:
Jailbreak Facepalm
okay i got it:
As you pedal the shock is pulled instead of compressed as the link is moved forward ddue to the pedal force applied. when you ride the rear links which act like a Maestro type set up but with a floating shock. the floating shock allows you to get a low compression ratio (as one point moves the other moves away at a slower rate meaning that the speed at which is compresses is lower then it would be if the shock eye that is attached to the slower moving link were attached to the frame). is that correct?
eddit: the links do not move in parallel they actually move at different rates because of the difference in link position/length which means they would be parraell to a point and then would move at different rates creating an s in the travel which is what allows it to be so pedal efficient

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:33 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
oneghost wrote:
Jailbreak Facepalm
okay i got it:
As you pedal the shock is pulled instead of compressed as the link is moved forward ddue to the pedal force applied. when you ride the rear links which act like a Maestro type set up but with a floating shock. the floating shock allows you to get a low compression ratio (as one point moves the other moves away at a slower rate meaning that the speed at which is compresses is lower then it would be if the shock eye that is attached to the slower moving link were attached to the frame). is that correct?
dammit u beat me!

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
nishnash wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
oneghost wrote:
Jailbreak Facepalm
okay i got it:
dammit u beat me!
oh you should see the carbon bomb I'm planning on dropping on the world in 2010. the link system's axle path is so very very intense

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
nishnash wrote:
oneghost wrote:
I'm getting 65.3%..... but thats due to teh fact that im always on PB and i called the teacher a douche bag once (to his face, he said i couldnt write a test when these ass's in my class took my pens and he admited to seeing them do it)
You're gonna go far in life. I can tell.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
nishnash wrote:
oneghost wrote:
You're gonna go far in life. I can tell.
Im sensing e-casm, not sure though. lol

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
oh you should see the carbon turd I'm planning on dropping on the world in 2010. the link system's axle path is so very very intense
FYP If it's anything like that stupid Maya design you posted in BOBW, then God have mercy on your soul.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
Well, don't get too excited over that specific rendering. Mainly because there was rather different one posted on their site, but also because the points are very wrong in that rendering. Not that I'm in the know or anything, but I put that picture into Linkage and the shock doesn't compress at all. This is because the pivot is midway in between the shock mount and the link/rear triangle pivot. As the rear triangle moves up, that shock mount moves down at the same pace. Going off the points in that picture, the shock actually extended instead of compressing. Anyways, that was just a long way of saying that the picture isn't exactly perfect.

Oh, and Aqueous, don't be such a jerk. I've seen you around, and you tend not to receive opinions different from yours very well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011464
Mobile Version of Website