Powered by Outside

Does any one like their fork

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Does any one like their fork
Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
sherbet wrote:
BikeDaug40 wrote:
Damn, my nixon super intrinsic is almost too plush...

That's what I thought about my old sherman, but they ramp up nicely near the end of the stroke.

sherman is super plush !

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
dhmtb758 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
BikeDaug40 wrote:
Damn, my nixon super intrinsic is almost too plush...

That's what I thought about my old sherman, but they ramp up nicely near the end of the stroke.

sherman is super plush !

Agreed. Stupid manitou getting rid of the sherman and dorado...

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
sherbet wrote:
dhmtb758 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

sherman is super plush !

The Sherman and Travis are the exact same thing if they both have the same damper.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sherbet wrote:
dhmtb758 wrote:

sherman is super plush !

The Sherman and Travis are the exact same thing if they both have the same damper.

Not sure why, but I found the travis I rode had more brake dive, no matter how it was tuned. Maybe just the springs?

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Not sure why, but I found the travis I rode had more brake dive, no matter how it was tuned. Maybe just the springs?

Maybe. Maybe just low speed.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Another possibility, but a void was there when the Sherman left. Consider the range of shermans between 100mm and 150mm.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Another possibility, but a void was there when the Sherman left. Consider the range of shermans between 100mm and 150mm.

Don't get me wrong. I've liked all the Shermans I've owned. The SPV Breakout I had felt WAY better after the devolve. The best one I ever had though was my Flick Plus. I revalved that thing and made a few little changes and it felt phenomenal. I've never owned a Travis but the ones I've spent time on really surprised me. Even the Intrinsics felt pretty good. The problem is they just take so damn much attention. I had to put new oil in the lowers every couple rides. It just got old.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
I never touched my Sherman while I owned it. No oil changes, no seal changes, nothing. No work done. They always felt beautiful. Always.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sherbet wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I've liked all the Shermans I've owned. The SPV Breakout I had felt WAY better after the devolve. The best one I ever had though was my Flick Plus. I revalved that thing and made a few little changes and it felt phenomenal. I've never owned a Travis but the ones I've spent time on really surprised me. Even the Intrinsics felt pretty good. The problem is they just take so damn much attention. I had to put new oil in the lowers every couple rides. It just got old.

exactly I loved my flick, gotta say it was easily on par with my 66 even if the travel was off by 2"

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
dont manitous have lots of problem with the nitraded stantions wearing meaning the seals arent quite tight enouggh so they piss oil?

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I never touched my Sherman while I owned it. No oil changes, no seal changes, nothing. No work done. They always felt beautiful. Always.

I could just never get the things to keep the seals wet. I smoked seals on a regular basis. I just got to the point where it was cheaper for me to squirt oil in the lowers every other ride then replace the seals 3 times a year. So I pretty much just rode with toasted seals most of the time.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
andyjacko123 wrote:
dont manitous have lots of problem with the nitraded stantions wearing meaning the seals arent quite tight enouggh so they piss oil?

Happened to quite a lot, also had problems with the spv blowing. Apparently it was more common over here than in the states....

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
andyjacko123 wrote:

Happened to quite a lot, also had problems with the spv blowing. Apparently it was more common over here than in the states....

iv never had a pair but i concidered nixxon super145s at a time and someone told me that. apparently u can get they replaced with silver stantions on warrenty.

theoutpost wrote:
andyjacko123 wrote:

The problem was mainly that they just didn't lube the seals very well.

1999 Marzo Monster-T : not ridden yet
2000 Marzo z1 Qr20 : was tight for small Freeride/dirt
2000 Marzo z1 Dual : amazing in dirtjumps
2002 Marzo z1 Freeride : hated it, kept it 3 months
2002 Marzo Shiver SC: best fork I ever had as do-it-all
2003 Marzo DJ2 : not so bad
2004 Marzo Junior-T : SUCKED
2004 Marzo Super-T : was a great Fr fork
2004 Marzo EXR-Pro: worst fork I ever had
2005 Manitou Sherman Jumper: my favorite

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009470
Mobile Version of Website