DH bike under 5000

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH bike under 5000
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
Dude. Hardtail is good for O Cup. My Dream O Cup bike is the norco 6 that one of the faulds brothers raced on last year. He explained it all to me on the lift at Horseshoe. its 32 lbs and i think it would be amazing to race on for those races as theres tonnes of pedalling.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2611726984_30b0510ef2_o.jpg

my new bike pick it up saturday

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
I dunno if you considered the flatline 3, but if I take care of what you mentinned in your first post. You need a solid/rigid frame that will eat everything you throw at it and which can handle DH. There is no bike able to last 3 years of intensive riding more than the flatline. His wheigh explain it...

If you are worried about the wheigh, sure you gotta change the fork and few other parts to get it lighter. As I read the thread, I learned you wanna start racing this year. I'm goin too and I'm riding a flatline which I changed the crappy RCV on. I know it's not as light as a wilson or V-10 and less nervous, but it's making his own track and stick in berms amazingly, kinda like the 303. and oh yea, his best strenght is obviously stability on the track as well when your flying over big gaps.

You might don't like it, If so, it's all about your taste, but I find it not too bad in term of looking and amazing for any kind of ride!

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
konastinkydeluxe08 wrote:
photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2611726984_30b0510ef2_o.jpg

WOW, that bike looks amazing

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
haha thanks im buyin it off steve smith

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
haha thanks im buyin it off steve smith

i figured that much haha

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
get the driver 8. f*cking dope bike. cant wait to ride it. im planning on one as well.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
get the driver 8. f*cking dope bike. cant wait to ride it. im planning on one as well.

it's only a v10 with 8" travel. interupted seat tube, big and bulky. only thing is's probably good for is freeride or DH. why would they make another freeride bike? they already have the bullit and vp-free, both bikes are amazing. V10 rips DH. I personally believe it's just another bike that people wants because it's new. Gotta have the new stuff.
Nothing exactly special with that bike goin on. looks good i must admit, i wouldent put any money on it though.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

it's only a v10 with 8" travel. interupted seat tube, big and bulky. only thing is's probably good for is freeride or DH. why would they make another freeride bike? they already have the bullit and vp-free, both bikes are amazing. V10 rips DH. I personally believe it's just another bike that people wants because it's new. Gotta have the new stuff.
Nothing exactly special with that bike goin on. looks good i must admit, i wouldent put any money on it though.

ya your right, everyone should just ride lucky 7s. Rolleyes

and you answered yourself. its good for dh and fr. not one of each. v10 is for dh, bullit is for fr. neather is good for the other. the vp free was replaced by the driver 8. the vp was decent for both. but the driver will be better for dh and fr.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

and you answered yourself. its good for dh and fr. not one of each. v10 is for dh, bullit is for fr. neather is good for the other. the vp free was replaced by the driver 8. the vp was decent for both. but the driver will be better for dh and fr.
hit the nail on the head on that one, and to the other guy getting the lucky 7, i know your excited but shut up, thats all you've talked about since this thread basically started

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

Nope wrong. Get a Giant Faith, the mastroei is amazing.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
whitedeitypurpleskinnies wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

faith? more like glory. but i still say driver 8. the faith is a TANK great fr bike, but not the best for racing O-cup

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

faith? more like glory. but i still say driver 8. the faith is a TANK great fr bike, but not the best for racing O-cup

Nope wrong, Glory is heavier.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:

Nope wrong, Glory is heavier.

no way. my friend had a faith 3, and it was HUGE. so heavy but fun bike. there is no way the glory is heavyer, maby the fr versions but not the dh

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
*snip* https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2611726984_30b0510ef2_o.jpg

Nice bashguard!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027467
Mobile Version of Website