Powered by Outside

What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
i ended up cracking my old dh frame about 3 months ago on the headtube and down tube welds, my dad said that if it isnt broken dont replace it, and that means when i go off a drop the frame has to compleatly brake to get a new one risking broken bones
Just break it yourself...Slam it into a jump, throw it off the side of something, or slam it into a wall.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
i ended up cracking my old dh frame about 3 months ago on the headtube and down tube welds, my dad said that if it isnt broken dont replace it, and that means when i go off a drop the frame has to compleatly brake to get a new one risking broken bones
Just break it yourself...Slam it into a jump, throw it off the side of something, or slam it into a wall.
Ohh, i didnt think of that

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
yeah i kinda agree with him because riding with your headtube cracked is not safe, breaking it is to ensure your safety, then maybe your parents will realize what could have happened to you.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
I smell sarcasm:P Then just tell them you fell really hard and its there fault...Give them the guilt trip.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
I smell sarcasm:P Then just tell them you fell really hard and its there fault...Give them the guilt trip.
i like the idea, and that wasnt sarcasm, i really didnt thik of that cause im too much of a "good kid", but yah i think thats what im gonna do

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
they dont understand why i do it if i get hurt and why i want my bike to weigh less.
"isnt less weight a bad thing? wont you go slower?"
or when my mom tells me to slow down

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
mine dont understand anything it drive me crazy

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
i like the idea, and that wasnt sarcasm, i really didnt thik of that cause im too much of a "good kid", but yah i think thats what im gonna do
Oh so you really didn't think of that haha...Yeah thats the first thing I would do is break it...But then again I'm not really a "good kid"...I'd say I'm half n half when it comes to good bad Razz

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:42 Quote
viatch wrote:
biggest reason is finance, this aint no cheap hobby admit it. i have to buy everthing from my own money, everything

same, i just stripped the whole crank on my bike and need to spen $200 just to replace it and my parents want me to drop biking and start a cheaper hobby. they say if i broke it in 6months than other stuff will just be longer to break and more to replace.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
how glad i am when i find a new DH trial

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
hhahahahah off topic but my bros alternate account just got a 28 year ban hahaha

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
That what we do is not immature

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
how my hard rock isnt a dj bike....." but it looks the same as all the rest of the bikes "......gr.... but thats my dad my mom doesnt care as long as i dont crash into her car or her new bay window lollol

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
my dad wants me to put a bell on a trek session 77, i was like NO!!!!!!!!

wat r u talking about.. bells are beast!

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 19:27 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
hhahahahah off topic but my bros alternate account just got a 28 year ban hahaha

What did he do?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021351
Mobile Version of Website