Powered by Outside

2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
Marzocchi @t interbike 2009 - 888 RC3 Evo Ti
http://video.mpora.com/watch/a2djYvV0k/

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Marzocchi @t interbike 2009 - 888 RC3 Evo Ti
http://video.mpora.com/watch/a2djYvV0k/

i met him in real life. and he serviced my fork Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
I have to admit that 08 and 09 have not been great years for Marzocchi because of the manufacturing move to taiwan. However, I've tried just about every fork under the sun and nothing beats marzocchi's as far as durability and function. I have buddies with rock shox, fox and manitou forks and they blow up all the time. The fox 40 seals are sh*t. My bro just sent his fox 40 in for service at a cost of 100!, and it started to leak again after a few rides. The sides of the fox 40 lowers are egg shells and puncture on any decent crash. All the guys I ride with that have manitou and rock shox are always leaking. My 2007 888 zoke takes all the abuse in the world and still comes back for more(still no leaks!). For 2010 I have heard all bugs have been worked out and old school reliablity is back. Bring back the old reliability and make it sick light and I'm upgrading to the new 010 888!

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
strak wrote:
I have to admit that 08 and 09 have not been great years for Marzocchi because of the manufacturing move to taiwan. However, I've tried just about every fork under the sun and nothing beats marzocchi's as far as durability and function. I have buddies with rock shox, fox and manitou forks and they blow up all the time. The fox 40 seals are sh*t. My bro just sent his fox 40 in for service at a cost of 100!, and it started to leak again after a few rides. The sides of the fox 40 lowers are egg shells and puncture on any decent crash. All the guys I ride with that have manitou and rock shox are always leaking. My 2007 888 zoke takes all the abuse in the world and still comes back for more(still no leaks!). For 2010 I have heard all bugs have been worked out and old school reliablity is back. Bring back the old reliability and make it sick light and I'm upgrading to the new 010 888!
+1

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 9:26 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
strak wrote:
+1

+2. im waiting for the 2010 888 RCV price to go down. it has coil preload!

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
strak wrote:
+1
maybe with the 888's, but mine and all my mate's DJs have problems or have had problems. All but one are 06/07 aswell, one being 08. From my experience they really aren't as reliable as people make them out to be.

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
strak wrote:
+1
maybe with the 888's, but mine and all my mate's DJs have problems or have had problems. All but one are 06/07 aswell, one being 08. From my experience they really aren't as reliable as people make them out to be.
If your friends are breaking 05-07 Dirt Jumpers, I hate to break it to you, but your friends are hacks. those thing were virtually bomb proof, and required little mantainance

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
strak wrote:

lol your friend sent in his fork for a a seal change? thats a 5 minute job in a carpark bro..

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
Don't BS Stryke, its an easy job but its not 5minutes! you have to take the whole damned fork apart to change the seals (if you're changing the oil seals too); and if you did it in a car park then you'd get all sorts of crap/dirt inside your fork carried into it by the wind.

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
innit, and risk damaging warrenty

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
stryke wrote:
strak wrote:

lol your friend sent in his fork for a a seal change? thats a 5 minute job in a carpark bro..
Please post a video of this feat, my pet unicorn and I would like to see it

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
Don't BS Stryke, its an easy job but its not 5minutes! you have to take the whole damned fork apart to change the seals (if you're changing the oil seals too); and if you did it in a car park then you'd get all sorts of crap/dirt inside your fork carried into it by the wind.

i do all my fork work in the carpark (changing oil/seals).. it really isnt that hard

put bike on bikerack/stand, take wheel off, loosen the nuts at the bottom, hit them, pull lowers off, watch oil drain while changing seals, lowers back on, oil in the bottom, tighten up, go ride

whats the big deal? its not brain surgery

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
innit, and risk damaging warrenty

youre not going to ruin any warranty of a 40 changing seals/oil

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
You guys must be totally ignorant when it comes to forks.

It takes me 10 minutes to change seals and oil in my Pike, and thats not rushing by any means.

Posted: Oct 24, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
gary1 wrote:
You guys must be totally ignorant when it comes to forks.

It takes me 10 minutes to change seals and oil in my Pike, and thats not rushing by any means.
Tell me am I totally ignorant about forks?
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012079
Mobile Version of Website