Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Devil's Drop Newmarket (Slayer's Run)
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
photo

Rocks?

My last trail is rounding 45 seconds if I remember correctly. Not much up hill. Not much rocks but some. The whole track was hand built, every rock moved and bridge hand made by yours truely. Clicky Clicky

There is nothing that exists that I can really think of that would be able to be turned into a trail.

Im not looking for super steep, just some elevation. I would be building from scratch again, suggestions would be great.

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 17:37 Quote
we could build a sick trail on slayers nothing near a minute but could deffantly make a couple dope lines with the works im good to help build and ride and i got 3 buddies that will come build and ride 2 so let me no. i started building jumps and shit on a nice flowy trail at coulsons hill (if u no where that is) 2 but i dunno if it will last if it does there is a nice long run there nothing to steep but nice to build on

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
The area on Slayers is pretty lame as far as terrain goes though. It is nothing but a grassy shallow hill. Perhaps the hill further down the tracks would be more suitable for a DH style trail. It is bigger, steeper, has trees and I can only assume that there are some rocks on it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
The area on Slayers is pretty lame as far as terrain goes though. It is nothing but a grassy shallow hill. Perhaps the hill further down the tracks would be more suitable for a DH style trail. It is bigger, steeper, has trees and I can only assume that there are some rocks on it.

What about the backside of the hill at Slayers? It's alot steeper and forest as well.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
The area right behind that small 180 degree berm?

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
i no the trail ur talking about down the track its steep enough for sure just grown in with tress but that can be fix the only bummer is that its a harsh hike

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
The area right behind that small 180 degree berm?

I'm not sure.. The south side of that hill. Like if you stood at the top of the hill and looked at the tracks, behind you.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
I'm pretty sure anything behind the hill is owned by someone, so its probably not the best area to make anything unless you want it to get ripped apart. I have seen a guy riding a ATV at the top of the hill that the current runs are. He nevers says anything and just takes off after a quick look. Not sure if he might be the owner or not.

I was thinking of this hill;

http://tinyurl.com/qxdyng

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
Is there any way we can find out who owns what land in the area?

Is there any land that is actually legal to build on?

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
magicaltrevor wrote:
Is there any way we can find out who owns what land in the area?

Is there any land that is actually legal to build on?

You can probably call/go to town hall, and ask to see who owns the land. I think it's a farmer. (lol, makes sense in that area Razz )

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
well i gotta go out there soon. im willing to help build and there is that little stream near devils that has rocks im willing to drag those out of there to make a decent rock garden. the hill does have potencial.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
shore21 wrote:
well i gotta go out there soon. im willing to help build and there is that little stream near devils that has rocks im willing to drag those out of there to make a decent rock garden. the hill does have potential.

I'd be in to help build. (I'm not going to be riding it on a dj hardtail, but I'll help Razz )

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
shore21 wrote:
well i gotta go out there soon. im willing to help build and there is that little stream near devils that has rocks im willing to drag those out of there to make a decent rock garden. the hill does have potential.

I'd be in to help build. (I'm not going to be riding it on a dj hardtail, but I'll help Razz )
alright ill try to get out there one day after school and see how it's doing!tup

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
hey i was jw if anyone has been out there latley because i have noticed after that frost alot of weeds have died

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
that's what i was hoping for i'll be there hopefully tuesday!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020111
Mobile Version of Website