Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:19 Quote
yeah, ride harder longer, next ride even harder and even longer, next ride ride eeeven harder and eeeeven longer, well you get the idea Smile

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:19 Quote
woooooooooow wrote:
do you guys have any training tips for riding/training for an xc ss event either on a geared or ss bike?

What's the distance?

Running
Doing sprints on the bike
Skipping rope (apparently)

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:21 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
woooooooooow wrote:
do you guys have any training tips for riding/training for an xc ss event either on a geared or ss bike?

What's the distance?

Running
Doing sprints on the bike
Skipping rope (apparently)
probably approx 30-40km

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:25 Quote
guessing a lot of ups n downs because that doesn't sound that far to me

but seriously this stuff on the link is quite usefull, its from the site of the 100km ride i'm doing soon

http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/events/generic/generic_cycling_training_guide_2.pdf

i know its for road but it should still be useful so read it all Salute

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:29 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
guessing a lot of ups n downs because that doesn't sound that far to me

but seriously this stuff on the link is quite usefull, its from the site of the 100km ride i'm doing soon

http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/events/generic/generic_cycling_training_guide_2.pdf

i know its for road but it should still be useful so read it all Salute
ok thanks

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:46 Quote
woooooooooow wrote:
As eddy merckx would say...."Ride lots"

Interval training (full out power/exertion for about 4min, followed by short cruising period...repeat this process until your pretty much thowing up) its very tough, but is an incredible way to boost VO2 max and make you a faster rider over all

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 4:54 Quote
jimbo33000 wrote:
woooooooooow wrote:
."Ride lots"

f*ck yeah! Razz

i train old school, get on my fixed gear and ride up a big hill or something gnarly

well usuually every ride i try push through the burn and get out of breath atleast a few times so i'm always pushing myself, its showing to, my legs are getting big weird bulges on my thigh!

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 6:29 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
jimbo33000 wrote:
woooooooooow wrote:
."Ride lots"

f*ck yeah! Razz

i train old school, get on my fixed gear and ride up a big hill or something gnarly

well usuually every ride i try push through the burn and get out of breath atleast a few times so i'm always pushing myself, its showing to, my legs are getting big weird bulges on my thigh!
yep, my leg size to waist size ratio means i cant fit in like 85% of jean styles out there Frown

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 7:21 Quote
jimbo33000 wrote:
yep, my leg size to waist size ratio means i cant fit in like 85% of jean styles out there Frown

same... jeans are hard to find

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 9:00 Quote
my favourite are skinny jeans with lycra, but not skin tight, just skinny fit Smile

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 13:20 Quote
We should totally have a thigh/leg comparison!...Fab

I have actually ridden a fair amount of XC on a SS bike, with a fairly high ratio, 36:15. It's really important to work on the speeds lower and above the optimum cadence for your ratio. Going down, you need to spin, going up takes all your brute strength. Very rarely on an SS bike do you find yourself being 'tired' from riding at high speed on the flats. What I recommend, for geting your low-end torque, and high speed cadence up, is going to a hill, while wearing a heavy back pack, and basically riding up and down it, until you can't anymore. When you go down, don't coast, make sure your constantly pedaling. This pretty much simulates the terrain of a cross country race, just condensed. Make sure the hill is relatively long, but not so steep that you have to get out of the saddle to climb it.

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 14:21 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
my favourite are skinny jeans with lycra, but not skin tight, just skinny fit Smile
skinny fit is definately out of the question for me Razz it looks like i am hiding bricks inside of them on the sides of my thighs

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 15:16 Quote
Again, I think there should be a road forum leg comparison thread. I just don't want to be the one who makes it!

Posted: Mar 9, 2011 at 16:06 Quote
Harparo wrote:
Again, I think there should be a road forum leg comparison thread. I just don't want to be the one who makes it!

I agree....but YOU do it Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012123
Mobile Version of Website