Powered by Outside

2010 WC DH Finals in NY. Attention every American!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 WC DH Finals in NY. Attention every American!
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
no thats more for michigan. like building a course on the beach there. sandThumbs Down

id like to see the WC at snowshoe really. Mud,roots,rocks plus they have enough lodging for like 30% of the east coasts population. either way im gonna go to this for sure

+1billion

snowshoe would be a great venue, if they either amped up the track they had races on last weekend, or incorporated some of their more technical runs (Pro DH, OG, etc.) it'd be great.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
car pool is what Im sayin

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 5:45 Quote
felt20 wrote:
car pool is what Im sayin
ill consider.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 7:21 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
no thats more for michigan. like building a course on the beach there. sandThumbs Down

id like to see the WC at snowshoe really. Mud,roots,rocks plus they have enough lodging for like 30% of the east coasts population. either way im gonna go to this for sure

Were you joking? That's 4.5 million people.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 9:23 Quote
harriieee wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:

dude thats alottt more then 4.5 million people. atlanta alone, which is where i live, is over 6 million people.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
Windham is def capable of the wc course. It's steep in places and if it rains the day before the race, anyone is gonna have a extremely different time. But then again I'm not a pro.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
dcman6491 wrote:
harriieee wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:

dude thats alottt more then 4.5 million people. atlanta alone, which is where i live, is over 6 million people.
He was obviously being sarcastic. . .or he's just stupid.

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 11:19 Quote
45 million sorry... decimal in the wrong place.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
harriieee wrote:
45 million sorry... decimal in the wrong place.

Not quite that much, but its still alot

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/index.htm

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
let's just say snowshoe has tons of lodging, plenty to host a wc event.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
one of the courses can be found on the latest video listed on their web site, its the Powerade race series.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
watch the latest video on their web site, its the Powerade race series.

i was there...

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
Windham is def capable of the wc course. It's steep in places and if it rains the day before the race, anyone is gonna have a extremely different time. But then again I'm not a pro.

Anyone who thinks Windham can't hold a WC race is miss informed.

Windham has everything from roots , rocks , steepness and great flow.

This weekend proved that any course they use is quality. 35 Pro's raced last years Sport course in a foot of mud today and it was a blast and the most challeging course I have ridden in the past few years.

The Pro course from last year would have been the hardest course to ride with the rain. That is the course planned for next years WC final. I can't wait to watch this race in 2010.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 7:48 Quote
emefer wrote:
Pitcrew wrote:

Anyone who thinks Windham can't hold a WC race is miss informed.

Windham has everything from roots , rocks , steepness and great flow.

This weekend proved that any course they use is quality. 35 Pro's raced last years Sport course in a foot of mud today and it was a blast and the most challeging course I have ridden in the past few years.

The Pro course from last year would have been the hardest course to ride with the rain. That is the course planned for next years WC final. I can't wait to watch this race in 2010.
I was there to. The coarse was a blast, and there was alot of crashes. In spots the mud made the coarse way to slow. I might even go back for the Yankee Clipper/Kenda Cup DH/DS in august.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
OG to pro dh or up and low hairball would be really fun to watch the carnage

and yes i was joking about the lodging situation there, but there is a ton of rooms there plus camping

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010013
Mobile Version of Website