Powered by Outside

the final showdown, boxxer or 888?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
the final showdown, boxxer or 888?
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
ATA is 6.94 pounds
RC3 WC is 8 pounds

Just click on the fork: http://www.marzocchi.com/template/listSPAForksMTB.asp?IDFolder=113&LN=UK&Sito=mtb&IDAnno=55897

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
why is there a 14 page thread about 2 forks? no ones ever going to agree, there isnt one winner, this is by no means a "final showdown". they aren't even made for the same thing, ones a race fork that can do some hucking, ones a hucking fork that can be made to race. whats better, a hummer H1 or a Ferrari? get what im saying?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
why is there a 14 page thread about 2 forks? no ones ever going to agree, there isnt one winner, this is by no means a "final showdown". they aren't even made for the same thing, ones a race fork that can do some hucking, ones a hucking fork that can be made to race. whats better, a hummer H1 or a Ferrari? get what im saying?
lol, i know, but what else are we going to do?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:45 Quote
javzx7 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
lol, i know, but what else are we going to do?

yep... otherwise we wouldn't need a forum!

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:48 Quote
...15 pages, come on. there must be more on these forks. i cant believe 15 pages can contain it all

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 1:41 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

hummer H1 for sure haha
whats the point in having a car that can't run over everything you can see?
haha

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 2:04 Quote
bigquoteshummer H1 or a Ferrari

Screw Ferrari, Lamborgini made an SUV...I'd say better than the hummer.
Best of both worlds.

As for this thread, there's been countless ones like it.
Just get a fork and ride it. Chances are you'll never notice the difference.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 12:03 Quote
virider wrote:
bigquoteshummer H1 or a Ferrari

Screw Ferrari, Lamborgini made an SUV...I'd say better than the hummer.
Best of both worlds.

As for this thread, there's been countless ones like it.
Just get a fork and ride it. Chances are you'll never notice the difference.

wow ok maybe you wont notice a difference but i sure as hell can, it changes the dynamics of the bike so much, there are only 2 things on a bike that you wont be able to feel the effect of one product or another, bar ends and chain stay protectors

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 8:52 Quote
javzx7 wrote:
bikesbeforebabes wrote:
hey im aaron im the one that started this thread good to hear about which is better but on the topic of weight the 08 888 rc3x weighs less then a boxxer wcand they are butter out of the box!!
how are they lighter? the 08 888rc3x WC are 6.83 lbs and the 888 ata WC are 6.41 lbs and thats without steerer tube or oil, the boxxer WC are 6.1lbs with steerer tube

in the winter i have to say a boxxer feels liek crap cauyse the oil gets more viscous and sticky and makes the fork crappy, my 888 didnt do that, and even in all around weather the boxxers dont have the plush feel of a 888, there butter out of the box, the boxxer flex's like a mother too they dont ahve a stiff feel

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 8:55 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
k the 888 isnt just a huck fork budd look at fabien barel he rode a 888 last season, cedric gracia, ridin a 888 still their a better all around fork, and still i say again they are butter out of the box!

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 9:08 Quote
888 anyday. I have ridden both the 888 and boxxer and the boxxer isn't even in a close second to the 888.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
if your a racer get the boxxer
if your a hucker get the 888
if you do everything get the 888.

but 888 ARE snappable go look in my album i snapped an 888's lowers completly in half.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
bikesbeforebabes wrote:
javzx7 wrote:
bikesbeforebabes wrote:
hey im aaron im the one that started this thread good to hear about which is better but on the topic of weight the 08 888 rc3x weighs less then a boxxer wcand they are butter out of the box!!
how are they lighter? the 08 888rc3x WC are 6.83 lbs and the 888 ata WC are 6.41 lbs and thats without steerer tube or oil, the boxxer WC are 6.1lbs with steerer tube

in the winter i have to say a boxxer feels liek crap cauyse the oil gets more viscous and sticky and makes the fork crappy, my 888 didnt do that, and even in all around weather the boxxers dont have the plush feel of a 888, there butter out of the box, the boxxer flex's like a mother too they dont ahve a stiff feel

.....umm, steve peat and nathan rennie ride this fork on rocks, pounding at them while pinnning it

they dont flex any more than a 888 would

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
bikesbeforebabes wrote:
javzx7 wrote:

.....umm, steve peat and nathan rennie ride this fork on rocks, pounding at them while pinnning it

they dont flex any more than a 888 would
Thats great and all, but I know other pro racers that say their boxxers are a tad flexy. And yes they are flexier than the 888. Steve Peat and Nathan Rennie aren't going to tell you the downfalls of their gear man. I would bet money that both those boys can feel their forks flex especially when pinning it through rocks. It's not necessarily a bad thing, like its too flexy. The Boxxer is a great fork, no doubt about it. It is THE race fork. That does not make it THE all out riding fork.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
to those who asked how i did it.

i went to try a jump that used to be about 15feet i went to hit it at that speed and it turns out some people made it 5 feet longer so i fifty fiftied the landing and there was an extremely loud snap. i thought i snapped my frame i looked at it and it was fine. so then i looked up at my fork and it was making an L shape and oil was pouring out! it was crazy.

again if you want to see it go look in my album!!!

SNAPPED 888!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012591
Mobile Version of Website