Powered by Outside

Sumas Mountain Trail Conditions and General Maintenance Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Sumas Mountain Trail Conditions and General Maintenance Thread
Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
The new exit on NoTimeOut has a new stairs at the end of the bridge in the pix, just finished today.
This bridge and exit could of been made to ride out on your bike.
Motorbike concerns meant a short walk up the stairs ,made this potential problem not one.

Ledgeview ,sitting and hanging the legs over the cliffs,yes you can still do it ,if your so inclined.
No need to worry about riding alone at Ledge as it is very busy,morning to late at night.
Any sat/sun there are riders going up, just show up and ask to tag along,no real getting lost up there.
Subdivisions border most all of Ledge.
There are so many trails whether you are a xc or DH guy ,the southside (under the cliffs) has many new xc trails
(XCellerator/Ambidextrous,Flinstones,AutoBahn etc...)
where for those who love a little pain from climbing will find a home.
G

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 18:14 Quote
does any one know when or if they shut the gate or block the road up off in winter time?

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 6:53 Quote
eightflateight wrote:
does any one know when or if they shut the gate or block the road up off in winter time?

They did last year.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 12:30 Quote
Just a Reminder...

Halloween Ride

The Halloween is back and in full swing again this year. The ride is taking place at Vedder Mountain, come out, dress up and lets ride some bicycles.

When: October 30 th, the ride starts at noon.

Where: Meeting in the mountain bike parking lot.

What to Bring: Your bike, and an awesome costume

There will a costume contest, and the best costume will take home a prize. There will also be a BBQ.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/bikevedder/ for more details

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 16:57 Quote
This sunday seen a lot of vehicles parked at the bottom of Sumas.
Cut out a tree across the entrance of NoahFear and raked it.
At one point in a steeep section of NF,
I came across a purple anodized container,sweet I thought.
Looks like the trail gods have left me something..
Well not quite, I guess it's a geocache container ,with a lot of names of those who also found it.
I wonder if any thought what I thought?
So I replaced it and went back to being a trail fairy.
Snow on the sides of the road higher up,looking like we could be in for it this year.
Mr.G

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 18:17 Quote
Rode Noah Fear, Lower TK and No Time-Out. A light snow falling above the 3km marker. Noah clear all the way down with a few puddles. Lower TK good until the last couple hundred feet were there are some trees down. I put up some pink marker tape on the trail before you reach the first downed tree. No Time-Out is very wet in some of the first sections of the trail but last section is sweet. There is also a tree down about a 1/4 of the way into the trail. All these trees will need a chainsaw to be removed.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 23:10 Quote
2011 Winter Trail Day on Vedder

The recent weather and wind has resulted in a number of trees down on the trails, and the destruction of some sections of trail. There are also a number of projects that remain unfinished, and several other projects that are yet to be started. A trail day will be held Sunday, Dec 18th to hopefully address these issues. This is a great opportunity to give back to the trails, meet other trail enthusiasts, and help to improve your local trail network for yourself and others to enjoy. We hope to see you there, and if not have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

When: Sunday, December 18th @ 9:30 am

Where: Meeting in the mountain bike parking lot on parmenter road

What to Bring: Shovels, rakes, buckets, picks, pullouski's, and various other trail tools. Bring some water and something to snack on.

Note: It will likely be quite cold, so please dress warm. I recommend wearing layers, a toque, warm boots and a pair of gloves.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 14:04 Quote
The Vedder Trail Day is on Sunday the 18th, sorry for the confusion, I fixed the date.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2011 at 15:18 Quote
FREE LUNCH ON THE NEXT TRAIL DAY show up, help out, and get feed.

On another note.....We will be hosting a Volunteer appreciation day in the new year (spring time). We will be collecting the names of volunteers from the upcoming trail day and future trail days leading up to the volunteer appreciation day. Each time you show up to a trail day your name is entered in a draw for some prizes. The more times you help out, the more you increase your odds of winning a prize. The draw for the prize will take place on the trail appreciation day. More details to come in the new year.

Posted: Dec 10, 2011 at 16:19 Quote
NoTimeOut has had tree's removed and a general cleanup today.
Couple of low muddy sections at the start,we did some work on them, otherwise good conditions.
If you see any tree's down ,just report it and it will get some attention.
g

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 12:27 Quote
Quick lap on the xc side today. Trails were in very good shape. I removed a lot of the small branches that had blown down. Went in at 3km mark of Holiday Sauce and there is a tree down in there that needs a chainsaw and another around the mid point of Emma Peel

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
From Rockford on FVMBA.com forum:

We did two shuttle laps on Sumas today. First lap - KG, NF, WC and NTO. A couple small trees down on KG but otherwise running good. First time down NTO. That is a pretty spectacular bit of building. Little bit of a grunt on DH bikes but a way out at least.

Second lap was Time Killer the whole way. Upper Time Killer is effectively closed due to blow down. At least 6 spots of serious hike-a-bike. Three or four large craters due to root balls coming up. I wouldn't ride it until it gets fixed. Lower TK is running fine.

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
From HolidaySauce/extraS to the Peel, all tress have been removed and the trail was running pretty good this weekend.
This sat. dec 31 we are meeting at my house (leaving at 10am) to go up Sumas and work on the TimeKiller.

We will be working above the cabin to the clearcut ,if we get that far.
Want to join us ,this is your invite. (meet us up there)
With the cold weather a great time to be giving back ,as once it gets good we all want and need to ride.

Don't forget to bring food and good cloths,you can always take it off ,but if you don't have it, cold trouble.
Mr.G

Posted: Dec 31, 2011 at 17:43 Quote
dec 31sat.
TimeKiller blowdown all fixed ,basically,we will of course later buff it as it settles.
The big bridge in the clear cut has been meshed as well for better traction.
KnobGobbler blowdown was cleared as well today.
Great weather ,lots of different riders out,made of a fun time.
Mr.G

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 8:49 Quote
Another big weekend on TKiller finished .
We worked the clearcut section,taking out all the prickles from hell and some other weeds.
A couple of lines were getting obscured by them.
What a difference in the canopy,so nice and clean,logging clearcuts,take a lot more upkeep.
Just above the bigrock drop a nasty section rock rolldown has been laddered.
I left the original line option.
Put in a couple of grade reversals and took out some nasty forward pointing sticks.
This clearcut is proving to be a education on what works on water control,and prickles.
Seems as much work as it is, ripping out the prickles ,weeds,is best.
Hopefully this section will flow better .
Surprisingly no riders came through ,Sat. we worked in snow and Sunday was warm.
Seems every year now blowdown here.
I could see over to the Chadsey trail,broken tops of trees.
So you know that must mean it will need some chainsaw work as well
Welcome to BC.
Mr.G

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014843
Mobile Version of Website