Powered by Outside

Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 11:13 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Leave it at 130mm, save for a more agressive frame

^^ Big Grin I 2nd this, get a more aggressive frame, your frame may not have even been designed with a longer fork in mind, so changing that may actually put stress on the HT Confused .

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 12:36 Quote
I think my next frame in the looong future will be a Nordest Bardino- designed more a longer fork.

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
Sorileus86 wrote:
its-chris wrote:
Leave it at 130mm, save for a more agressive frame

^^ Big Grin I 2nd this, get a more aggressive frame, your frame may not have even been designed with a longer fork in mind, so changing that may actually put stress on the HT Confused .

Interestingly the stock 120mm Suntour XCR had an axle to crown of 537mm, and the 130mm Revelation is 522mm, so a 150mm revelation at 542mm is only actually 5mm longer than stock. So as far as HT stress goes i'm fairly confident.

No idea why the suntour is so long, and funnily enough the Scott Scale 710 has a Fox 32 which has an axle to crown of 520mm. Stranger still, if you look at the geometry numbers on Scott's website, they are identical between the Scale 710 and the Scale 730. Clearly they don't view the 27mm difference in Axle to Crown length as significant?

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 15:35 Quote
Here's two more from my quick little 4 mile loop after leg day after the gym. Legs were pumped

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 23:12 Quote
I know a couple Lefty fans lurk here... sweet sexy HT with a lefty just popped up in other thread. Serious question as it just dawned on me...

Is the steering limited to the left like a dual crown?

Maybe a dumb obvious question but i never considered that before.

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 23:27 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I know a couple Lefty fans lurk here... sweet sexy HT with a lefty just popped up in other thread. Serious question as it just dawned on me...

Definitely...lefties have frame bumpers, no?

Btw, lefty forks remind me of megaman's arm.

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeh but having played around with one in a shop they seem to give ample range even for really tight corners. The orange bike you're talking about is super sweet....

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 0:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah, as others have said, they have an integrated rubber bumper on them. Notice it when wheeling around the house and the dogs get in the way etc, but having now put a good few hours on the Crack'n'fail I've never found it a hindrance on the trail - honestly don't think it'd be possible to steer normally around a corner tight enough to need more movement to the left; if it's that sharp wheelbase is as much of an issue and you'd need to flick the front up to get it around irrespective of what you're riding IMO.

Disclaimer: After six months of ownership I've become a Lefty fanboy lol

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 2:53 Quote
I still wouldn't put a longer fork on that Scott. It'll just mess up the geo and as the ha is pretty steep, the bb rises.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Cheers, thought that may be thcase... orange one looks sick

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 12:01 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Yeah, as others have said, they have an integrated rubber bumper on them. Notice it when wheeling around the house and the dogs get in the way etc, but having now put a good few hours on the Crack'n'fail I've never found it a hindrance on the trail - honestly don't think it'd be possible to steer normally around a corner tight enough to need more movement to the left; if it's that sharp wheelbase is as much of an issue and you'd need to flick the front up to get it around irrespective of what you're riding IMO.

Disclaimer: After six months of ownership I've become a Lefty fanboy lol

Cannondale had a brief issue a few years back, think that's where the bumper evolved from. Roasted the rep, they wanted serious coin for what was,in effect, a duff bike/s (until sorted) ..I kinda dinged all their demo's eeek

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 16:23 Quote
I spent a whole day riding Whistler last week, rented a full downhill Norco Aurum at 10h in the morning, did 18 runs before returning the rental for 18h, then did 2 runs with my enduro (costum built Scott Genius) and then 2 last runs with my hardtail to end the day...
What an exhausting day !!Drool
But I must admit that the most fun descents were made with my hardtail. Not the fastest, but definitely the most fun. I love that bike so much Smile

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 17:26 Quote
Track slide looking sick^

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 17:32 Quote
nice! Whisstails…

did a little hard tailing today as well.. not whiss but some fun stuff in my neck of the woods. nice rooty rocky zone, with a cool little 8 or 9 foot rock gapper step down thingy... dosent look like much but its a little spicier than you'd think. tricky intro to get enough speed, and not much to catch you at the bottom...and of course quite a bit steeper than the photo lets on.

Rowdy Houndy corner

Sweet little natural rock gapper

photo

anywho… off to do some more riding.... get some soon fellows.

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 18:40 Quote
Its amazing how much better that bike looks with the brace cut off. What trail is this?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020460
Mobile Version of Website