Powered by Outside

The BEST Online MTB and BMX Stores

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The BEST Online MTB and BMX Stores
Posted: Jan 19, 2012 at 3:03 Quote
I've just recently (1st week of January 2012) built a bike from scratch and would like to add a few pointers....

www.chainreactioncycles.com - superb next day delivery never failed, mostly everything in stock and they let you know when its not.
www.dialledbikes.com - great customer service
www.allterraincycles.co.uk - APPALLING service, website lists items not in stock and they take a week to tell you !
www.merlincycles.co.uk - Great discounts and fast delivery.

of course it all depends on time of the month and whether the person that picks your order up got laid the night before as to how good the service is.....

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 10:28 Quote
Has any one in BC ordered anything large (like wheels, frames or complete bikes) from CRC? I am wondering about the amount of duties and brokerage fees you had to pay? Please help as it is hard to tell what is a truly good deal or not based on this!

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 13:11 Quote
It really is hit and miss with customs and stuff like that. the free shipping is legit, but other costs can possibly be incurred. but honestly based solely on the fact you live in Canada, we pay a pretty penny for some parts that are significantly cheaper in the US, and CRC prices are often if not always cheaper than US online prices. So in the end, I'd say it's a good deal.

I hope that made sense at all.

Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 16:54 Quote
I've ordered plenty of parts for CRC and so far the only time I had to pay upon delivery was for a frame. All the smaller parts just came in my mail. But just now I just had some cranks come in and ended up having to pay a $27.83 fee out of nowhere. Although they did come in a record breaking time of 11 days. Maybe they accidentally sent it with express shipping and charged me =/

Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
shade45 wrote:
I've ordered plenty of parts for CRC and so far the only time I had to pay upon delivery was for a frame. All the smaller parts just came in my mail. But just now I just had some cranks come in and ended up having to pay a $27.83 fee out of nowhere. Although they did come in a record breaking time of 11 days. Maybe they accidentally sent it with express shipping and charged me =/

Sweet, thanks for the help. I was going to order a pair of Sun Ringle Charger Pro's, but I found them for WAY cheaper on ebay. I will be ordering some small parts though and CRC seems to have the best prices.

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 at 11:52 Quote
Hey Guys/Girls,

Canadian Cartel has added BIKE to our other areas - skate, snow and surf. We are running a sale right now for the next 72 hours. You can check it out here www.canadiancartel.com/sale/for-the-worlds-fastest-racers Free shipping over $75 anywhere in Canada.

Thanks.

Posted: Feb 20, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
I want a bike from www.circlebicycles.com
Can anyone tell me if they're legit?

Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 19:37 Quote
It is very good.
I want to buy some bike accessory and buy it from online store in the UK.
If the guys in the forum know some, can you list some you are familiar with?

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 3:42 Quote
Chain Reaction Cycles (CRC) have been my online store of choice for many years (I remember them as mail order back in the 90s) and so it is with regret I will no longer be using them. I have made two orders with them, in as many weeks, and both have taken a week to get to me (I live in Oxford so not even the back of beyond). Now if this was for an unusual part (Hayes brake spares for example) then I could accept it but for inner tubes and a headset?! I've heard that they have built a delay into their order system so that people have to pay for next day delivery. A case of business people trying to squeeze extra money from bikers. Bring back the old CRC which was a shop run by riders not bean counters!

Rant over.

Check out Bike Tart, not always got stuff shown in stock on their site but their delivery and service is exceptional.

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 11:36 Quote
CRC gets to Canada scary quick. They must just hate you.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 21:11 Quote
I order my stuff on line only at Canadian website,s so I don,t have to pay for the broker fee,s plus shipping and other
hidden fee's its not worth it you will end up paying more and if it has to be returned to the US you will end up paying for it again. Here are some Canadian web store,s.

Canada mail order company's.

www.Monovans.com

www.Cycletools.org

www.spokeomotion.com

www.3ride.com

www.cyclepath.ca

If there are more Canadian company's please list them thanks.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 10:49 Quote
Canadian Cartel (yes I am one of the owners) has a bike week sale going on right now. We sell only inside of Canada. Free shipping over $75. Members only site but it only takes a second to sign up and it's free. 50% - 80% off tons of brand name parts and clothing.

Radek - if you read this get a hold of me I have been trying to contact you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013801
Mobile Version of Website