Powered by Outside

SOPA and PIPA please look inside

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
SOPA and PIPA please look inside
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:03 Quote
true-biker-face wrote:
Brooklynuk85 wrote:
true-biker-face wrote:
giving any group that amount of power over so many people is unbelievable. its no wonder the us government repeatedly refuses to disclose any information related to it. more and more I'm beginning to hate my government. its just too corrupt. corporations are pocketing top officials and controlling decisions that should be made by the people, not the rich and power hungry. I feel like the enemy in my own nation.

It happens everywhere. Its the same in the UK.

The richest people always have the most say in how the world is run because, at the end of the day, they are bankrolling it. And they have no idea how to protect the average person. It will never get better, the only thing we can do now is slow the process down.
I f*cking hate it. I can't express that enough. I really hate it.

I wanna do something about it. I wanna change it. there isn't anything I can do though. there isn't really anything anyone can do. we need a new system of government. this one isn't working.

There is no other method of government that would work. If we all turned into communists the richest would buy up as much land as possible, take all the resources and carry on living the way they are while the rest would end up living in the middle ages.

Other options would be give more of an incentive and funding for the working classes to run for government. But if they got in it would be next to impossible not to have their morals perverted by offers of money.

May aswell just find the country with the most fair government and move there lol

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:04 Quote
its like that in australia too. only one thing may be different, and that is that most politicians can give themselves raises. not only that, but we now have the worlds largest carbon tax that is to be implemented in a few years, and guess who just gave themselves a $100 000 + raise? the prime minister. the very person who made this tax a reality after they said it would never happen under their government when the elections were on.

idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
I know it sounds really defeatist and pathetic right but just try and ignore what is going on, become as self sufficient as possible, find a job in a safe industry and just try not to read the papers or watch the news ever again.

Ignorance is bliss.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:08 Quote
If you're not part of the solution...

Been considering phoning a few of the senators myself, even though I'm Canadian.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If you're not part of the solution...

Been considering phoning a few of the senators myself, even though I'm Canadian.

I just like to offer up all of the options. Personally, i try to do the most i can to change things but no matter what you do there is no disguising how little it really changes things.

They got SOPA and PIPA shot down because it was too much too soon. They will just break it up into pieces and put them through one by one.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
Definately gonna oppose ACTA at every opportunity a sixteen year old guy gets.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
I'll just move to canada.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:14 Quote
true-biker-face wrote:
I'll just move to canada.

I'm considering Asia, maybe Thailand.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:16 Quote
the language barrier would be too much for me. I'll just live in the canadian wilderness and shoot polar bears out of my igloo window.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:17 Quote
move to Switzerland, never worry about anything ever again

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:17 Quote
true-biker-face wrote:
the language barrier would be too much for me. I'll just live in the canadian wilderness and shoot polar bears out of my igloo window.

Far too cold for me lol

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:18 Quote
harry-h wrote:
move to Switzerland, never worry about anything ever again

Apart from the rediculously high price of everything.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:21 Quote
just saw on the news, SOPA and PIPA have been put on the back burner for re-evaluation :')

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 16:22 Quote
like it's been said earlier, they'll break them down, water it down and make it less extreme and slowly pass it

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 7:12 Quote
Brooklynuk85 wrote:
true-biker-face wrote:
Brooklynuk85 wrote:

It happens everywhere. Its the same in the UK.

The richest people always have the most say in how the world is run because, at the end of the day, they are bankrolling it. And they have no idea how to protect the average person. It will never get better, the only thing we can do now is slow the process down.
I f*cking hate it. I can't express that enough. I really hate it.

I wanna do something about it. I wanna change it. there isn't anything I can do though. there isn't really anything anyone can do. we need a new system of government. this one isn't working.

There is no other method of government that would work. If we all turned into communists the richest would buy up as much land as possible, take all the resources and carry on living the way they are while the rest would end up living in the middle ages.

Other options would be give more of an incentive and funding for the working classes to run for government. But if they got in it would be next to impossible not to have their morals perverted by offers of money.

May aswell just find the country with the most fair government and move there lol

Failry Apt quote from "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010712
Mobile Version of Website