Powered by Outside

Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 19:08 Quote
CT-lowrider wrote:
Good reading guys .. couple questions of my own. Does any one ride with magura gustav brakes on a dc shiver? do you get that feeling the front actually pulls the the left leg even feathering on a fireroad. this makes me think of forking over for the emerald just for the carbon brace.. also anyone else have steer tube cut on there dc shiver flush to the top crown.? Thanks

Yeah similar problem with my Mata's it's either the brake mount or you need a couple shims, it's over a bit to one side probably, but hard to tell without looking at the bike, the steer tube sure my old one was like that didn't like it since I usually have a gopro mount on it, nice bike though got an interesting drive train.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 1:00 Quote
Just FYI, I've never felt any movement in my DVO Emeralds since I got them, I was amazed about how rigid the "carbon torsion arch" makes them!

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 5:54 Quote
Well, the custom RC2X larger Shiver DC stanchion guards are just about done just a bit more trimming and rounding to do.

Just a bit more trimming and rounding to go and they be ready for decals and my jumbo Shiver DC RC2X guards will be done.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 8:40 Quote
So yesterday I went for a ride, ate it going off a 12ft drop. The landing was basically way too soft and my front wheel sunk all the way up to the rotor in mud. So, as a result, I lawn darted over the bars. Kinda fun until I landed. When I got up and grabbed my bike, the bars were twisted quite a bit to the left. I'm using a Raceface atlas 35 DM with sixc bars. No damage or anything, juts the upper crown, and uppers twisted in the crown. I had to loosen everything and tighten it back up until I could get back to the car and torque everything back up. Basically I'm just wondering if anyone ever had this happen to them on an inverted fork? This happened on my 2011 Dorado. I've had similar crashes with my old shivers and never had the crown's twist like this. Also kinda wondering if I should torque the crown bolts more.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
hi all...
anyone here who did try Kowa GF?

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
Someone on Ebay is selling a new condition DH2, anyone know if these were any good back in the day?
White Brothers DH2

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 11:14 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Someone on Ebay is selling a new condition DH2, anyone know if these were any good back in the day?
White Brothers DH2
Yes, they're pretty good. I had one on a Santa Cruz super 8. The shiver is burlier, but other than that they're very similar.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 13:37 Quote
TroubleZone13 wrote:
hi all...
anyone here who did try Kowa GF?

hi yes i own a pair they very well made , but don't feel great without alot tuneing them.. throw the hand book out the window it Useless ,

photo
thank you

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 14:57 Quote
brassinne wrote:
So yesterday I went for a ride, ate it going off a 12ft drop. The landing was basically way too soft and my front wheel sunk all the way up to the rotor in mud. So, as a result, I lawn darted over the bars. Kinda fun until I landed. When I got up and grabbed my bike, the bars were twisted quite a bit to the left. I'm using a Raceface atlas 35 DM with sixc bars. No damage or anything, juts the upper crown, and uppers twisted in the crown. I had to loosen everything and tighten it back up until I could get back to the car and torque everything back up. Basically I'm just wondering if anyone ever had this happen to them on an inverted fork? This happened on my 2011 Dorado. I've had similar crashes with my old shivers and never had the crown's twist like this. Also kinda wondering if I should torque the crown bolts more.

Never had it happen on my Shivers but seen it happen a fair bit with my buddies 05 carbon, suppose to be a common thing with the Dorado's and seldom with the shivers, but can tell you from mx riding you'd rather things twist, since if it were solid then that's when things break, I'd rather twist my crown out of alignment than snap my stem off my crown.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
brassinne wrote:
yes, it happened to a dorado 2012 of a friend of mine. never to me though, but have heard of it. he didnt had any problem with them after that.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
White Brothers DH2
heard they are alrite. just seals are hard to get for them, at least here. I wanted some aswell, but havent found them yet. haha you like the inverted forks as well hey. best looking forks out there! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 7, 2015 at 5:39 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Just FYI, I've never felt any movement in my DVO Emeralds since I got them, I was amazed about how rigid the "carbon torsion arch" makes them!
I believe it just my pocket wont let me in to get them . Going to put the Mt7's on. just pullung the brake now at a stand still yanks the left leg. MT7 has way more force, think im gunna get pulled to that DVO anyway, just hopeing a crash isnot my breaking point.

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 8:45 Quote
Well guys a bit more updating and my AMD FX Bulldozer with 16gb of ram and 1gb gtx 550 ti overclock video card will be setup to do decal making, bit overkill but make my life easier, nothing like my i7 X58 sabertooth triple channel gamer/media server but should rock and be way better than my crappy laptop lol if you know anything about PC's.

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 at 14:58 Quote
does anyone own an Emerald here? how stiff are your clickers/dials?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014250
Mobile Version of Website